Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last ride was a 97 KX250. I've recovered from a shoulder injury and ready to pick up another bike. I'm looking at a 2005 and 2006 KX250. Anyone else jumped from an older model to a newer (2005-2007) KX? What did you notice most?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My last ride was a 97 KX250. I've recovered from a shoulder injury and ready to pick up another bike. I'm looking at a 2005 and 2006 KX250. Anyone else jumped from an older model to a newer (2005-2007) KX? What did you notice most?
I ahve had several motocross bikes over the years....my current bike is a 2005 KX250 2 stroker.

The suspension is unreal....even when i screw up and land a huge jump on the front tire, it just soaks it up like i was actually talented....whoops are nothing, just let the bike move under you, and keep the throttle on.
The power is insane, how can just 1 small piston so tiny make that much power.
If i ride it on the road ( will deny it in court if i have to ) i can smoke my pal off the line on his 600 crotch rocket....he needs to get past about 80 kms/hr to gain it back on me, and eventually pass me as the top speed is not great.
Its so light and flickable changing lines in the air, or just sliding it around a corner is childs play.
The brakes are insane, the thing stops like it hit a brick wall.
Seriously I could not ever ask a bike to do more than it does.

Them gutless, high maintenance 4 stroke crap bikes ,t hat pose at motocrossers are IMO trail bikes, nothing like the good old KX250.

Buy one, and ride it.
Run a good oil, and just ride.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to second that Crazy.... Im a big guy and this thing throws me around.I love my 05 250.
And from 05 to 06 they didnt change much. They changed the rotors, water pump pully,and the kick starter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts