Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey Maurice I remember those sissy-bars. They're cool looking. Does it have an allen head bolt on each side on the bottom which lets you slide the tube inside in or out? If so they were universal to fit the old 4-banger Jap bikes.
I'm sure with a little cutting and maybe welding you can get it to fit.

Man that rear fender looks ****.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Dang buddy I gave a sissy bar like that away when I sold the old KZ750. It had the luggage rack but the top didn't have that cool bend. Samething also with one of the screws, it was siezed and wouldn't move for nothing. I ended up leaving it there since it fit perfect on that bike.
I'm sure you can get it to fit somehow on the Vulcan.

Yes exactly, it has slide tubes with that bolts.
however, the bolts are stuck and rusty.
One bolt even needs drilling, pherhaps both of them.
The tubes are also too long but can simply be cut.
Unfortunately there was no rack with it, I can see there are preparations to put a rack or something.
Coming weekend I will try to replace the bolts and put them on with some rubber nuts cause they will really scratch my chrome on the rear fender brackets.
The sissybar also has this typical backward bend on the top-end.
And the rearfender?...hooters!! haha

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Getting some progress done Maurice,

It must be the shiny chrome fender thats blinding the cellphone camera and she wont take good pictures. LOL
But you're doing it right my friend, a little at a time.

Are you gonna lower the rear?

· Registered
1,336 Posts
She's coming along pretty good Maurice.
That's a good angle (kinda leaning back some) like the old choppers and extra tall. LOL How did you mount the sissybar to the front bolt? Is the luggage rack tabs coming off?

Thats a nice summer jacket and expensive too. :wink:

· Registered
1,336 Posts
She looks great man.
Turn signals look like they were made for this particular set-up.
Sissybar looks better than the OEM backrest IMO. Very impressed.
Me likey alot if I find one at a swapmeet someday i'll scoop it up and do the same. Never have seen a VN800 with this particular backrest. I think your the 1st person to do this, Maurice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.