Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to everyone here for their great posts full of advice and experiences! Today I went out and bought my first bike - '03 Silver Mean Streak. :D Right off I have added a windshield and light bar from the dealer. I am going to work on my driving skills on weekends by putting myself through the paces of "Ride Like A Pro" series to get better at the basics. There are so many questions...but lots a time to learn, especially as cold weather here in Toronto, Canada means I won't be able to ride for 5 months of the year at least. Thank goodness the weather has been in the high 70's still (record highs for this time of year almost) and I will get a few rides under my ass. I would love to hear from anyone with first ride experiences or modifications to their mean streak that really paid off in ride enjoyment. :?: Honestly, I am not a speed freak so adding HP is not a priority for me. Safety and comfort are a top priority.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy your new big boy toy, Oak. My advice would be to take it slow and work on fundamentals, like "pressing" into your turns and covering your clutch at all times. Avoiding bad habits, confidence comes quickly. The learning curve is pretty steep, you'll be comfortable in no time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
ditto...enjoy your new scoot!! :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
congrats for your new bike,make sure you have all the right gear,because here in canada it can get really cold in october,get alot of pratice and be safe :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

congrats!! great bike :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good choice on the Meanstreak. I picked up an 02 in June have had a great summer on it. I put a mustang seat on and it made a huge difference on longer rides. I have some parts for pereformance, but am going to wait and put the on this winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts