Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
$7k opening and BIN for $8k for a 2002?
He's claiming that he's already losing 5K at that price.

Ain't gonna get it... Trade value is $4330, dealer retail is $6270.
Other than the custom work (tank stretch and raked trees), all he's got is a bunch of bolt-on parts... and the paint is scratched and bubbled.

Not to mention he's converted it to a rigid, so the first thing the buyer is going to need to do is spend $500 on a set of Progressives... and he's removed the horn and front turn signals. I've got those mirrors and they are the cheaper Ness units... cast, and the chrome is horrible. I have to keep after them constantly, and they're still pitting badly.

I think he should bite the bullet and accept the $6k cash offer.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol. Hey...didn't say what he was asking was right...just looks sharp.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Indeed it does.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
LOL!

At least he didn't say "The engine runs great, except for a nasty rod knock!"

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Nice looking bike but like Rich said, not worth the money he's asking. Maybe he'll get lucky. And wouldn't a dime size bubble mean it has a poor paint job?

·
2 Wheel Junkie
521 Posts
I bet he gets what he is asking because of the looks alone. It looks like a pricey custom even though we know it is not. There are a lot of impulsive shoppers on ebay that don't really know about what they are buying. Once, I sold a $30 dollar accessory for over $100 on ebay and it was used. It wasn't my fault, I started the auction at 10 dollars and clearly stated that it was used but in good condition. Bidders just started bidding like crazy for some reason.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree it looks good, but with the paint bubble and the rigid rear, tht is $1500-$2K rt there. Additionally you have no idea what kind of bodywork is below the paint on the "stretched tank"> THe bubble could be because of a pinhole in the tank, that will cost you $150+ by itself.. My meanie is lowered, but can still corner fairley well. Also any speed bump will knock the **** out of the bottom of that motor.

Nice scoot on the whole but to get the coin he wants, he should get it repainted, and buy a set of progressives. Additionally I would like either a tach or speedo( I have a tach only). A digital setup would be nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are a lot of impulsive shoppers on ebay that don't really know about what they are buying. Once, I sold a $30 dollar accessory for over $100 on ebay and it was used. It wasn't my fault, I started the auction at 10 dollars and clearly stated that it was used but in good condition. Bidders just started bidding like crazy for some reason.
Not to thread highjack, but that's b/c people are stoopid and think that just cause it's on ebay they're gonna get it cheaper than if they bought it somewhere else. I would say most of the time when you get something for a smokin deal they end up raking u over the coals for it with the shipping charge anyway.... Perfect example, during Christmas, my PSP core system I bought from Amazon.com for $169 plus a few $$ for shipping was going on ebay for over $250!!! C'mon people what r u thinking.......... Ok, I'm done....

·
2 Wheel Junkie
521 Posts
Not to thread highjack, but that's b/c people are stoopid and think that just cause it's on ebay they're gonna get it cheaper than if they bought it somewhere else. I would say most of the time when you get something for a smokin deal they end up raking u over the coals for it with the shipping charge anyway.... Perfect example, during Christmas, my PSP core system I bought from Amazon.com for $169 plus a few $$ for shipping was going on ebay for over $250!!! C'mon people what r u thinking.......... Ok, I'm done....

I agree...although we all know the bike isn't worth that much, some newbie will pay the 7-8k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts