Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doesn't have a an after-market exhaust. But I had some work on it done and now it smokes white out the end when I start it up only. BUt it definitly smells too rich. How would I fix something like that. Is it an easy fix or do I need a mechanic. I'm pretty handy with engines if I am pointed in the right direction

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,849 Posts
I think this mpg problem is tied to your other problem of stalling and not running right. It makes the air filter seem a lot more like a candidate in both cases. Either way, wait till you get your engine running right before you try chasing mpg issues because they're probably both caused by the same thing.

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
That's lower than what I get, and I'm a fatty that rides it like he stole it. I get to about 175 miles or so before reserve, which has me averaging in the mid 40's. 125 is ridiculous. Find someone in your area to help you out, or buy a service manual. You could also go to the Ninja 250 (.org) specific site and dig through their archives. You could just about build a bike with the stuff they have there.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Several things to look for to help improve the gas mileage:

1. Tire pressure(properly inflated?).
2. Drive chain lubed and correctly tensioned(avoid over tightening it).
3. Air filter clean?
4. Correct sparkplug heat range and gap?
5. Checked valve clearances?
6. Compression good?
7. Wheel bearings good?
8. Sparkplug caps and wires in good shape?
9. Engine running rich?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.