Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me lay out a situation for you that I am dealing with and Id like some feedback on what ya'll would do in the same situation.

I have been waiting and waiting to purchase exhaust for my 09 900 Custom because I always waffle over big purchases.

Finally, in late September I noticed the Britt Hot Rodz had gone on sale from 500 to 400 and the heat shields were 20 bucks off too. I had been planning on these pipes even before I bought the bike because they, along with the Bub Jugg Huggers were the only ones with a look I liked but the Britts came in BLACK, a must for me. Needless to say I jumped on the price the next day.

1 day after placing the order for BLACK pipes with chrome heat shields directly from BRITT, I receive a call from Bulldog at BRITT. I had heard this name before on this site and how he helped alot of people out so I was expecting the best.

He told me that he did not have anymore BLACK pipes on hand because they were having alot of warranty issues.

He offered me a set of "2nd run" chrome pipes on the cheap and said he would try to find a place to ceramic coat them and do all the legwork and get me a final price. I was a little disappointed at having to wait but I was overall happy with his willingness to handle the business. Oh yeah, the heat shields are on back order too (3 wks).

I called him back later that week since he had not called me and asked him what the deal was. He said he found a company called Jet Hot that would do them but it took him a while to get a price from them he could work with. I had heard of Jet Hot through my "car guy" days and I was happy that they would be providing the service. I was unhappy that I would have to wait an extra 12 days but oh well. REMEMBER, I CALLED HIM.

On top of that, he told me that he could not afford to sell them to me at the price that was advertised on the site. It would cost an extra $25 for a total of $530. Still less than the original price but more than the sale I had ordered. I was a little upset but I agreed seeing as I really like the pipes.

A few more weeks went by and I have not gotten an update. Not even a courtesy call, Im getting upset.

I call Bulldog and he tells me he sent them off to jet hot but doesnt know where they are at with them.

I call Jet Hot and they said they can see a quote for the pipes but had not received them yet.

I called Bulldog back and told him. After giving me an earful about how Jet Hot shouldnt have given me that info, he said he would call and figure out what was going on. I have not received any calls yet.

Its been over a month. I have NOT been charged yet but I cant get this guy to give me any good updates and you would think he could give me a courtesy call every once in a while since I am spending over 500 bucks with his company?

Im thinking about canceling and spending more money on the Jug Huggers.

Sorry its such a long post but Am I overreacting?

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I wouldn't say over-reacting by any means. You're not doing anything any other reasonable person wouldn't do. Frankly, from what you've put here, I'd be upset as well.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
On the one hand, I'd say if you've waited this long, what's a little longer, however, I do understand why you would be upset. If it were me, I'd cancel the order. If something DOES go wrong with the pipes, I can see now that each company will be blaming the other for whatever happened and you'll not get service on them.

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
I used to be a purchasing agent and let me tell you, the quickest way to get an order shipped is to cancel it. Oh sorry, it went out YESTERDAY!

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
After the call to Jet Hot and being told the pipes were not there, my next call would be to cancel the pipe order. Those pipes are going to cost a pretty penny. He could have given at least an estimate or even Jet Hot could give one, then you might find if Bulldog is going to screw you over with his price. I have little tolerance for being jerked around.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, heres my thoughts right now if you guys are wondering.

Ive been pricing the Bub Jugg Huggers and Ive found a place that sells em for 516.95 with free shipping which is cheaper than the $530 that I ended up agreeing to with Britt.

They are not black which was a big selling point but I was going to heat wrap them anyway so I guess Id just have to deal with a little chrome sticking out the back.

I am going to call tomorrow and depending on Bulldogs actions at that time, I will decide whether or not to cancel.

Keep on with your opinions though. Thanx.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Well, I called Britt and canceled the order.

I first asked what the status was and Bulldog said he was still waitin on Jett Hot. When I told him I wanted to cancel he simply replied with, "thats fine, have a good day." CLICK.

Will likely be buying these from another forum member.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/f...e-american-classic-straights-vn900-black.html

Really wanted the staggered look of the Britts but I was afraid to deal with em again if I ever had a problem.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
I would be upset too, and to be honest with you I think you're better off with the hard krome's your getting. Only because of the way those are made. The Britt pipes are just a single pipe where I believe the hard krome's have a pipe inside of a pipe which would not put as much heat on the outer pipe and also I'm guessing wouldn't cause as much corrosion. My Britt pipes started getting some surface rust in spots only after a few months. Thats one reason I put the header wrap on my pipes now. It made me wonder when you said that Bulldog was talking about warranty issues if thats what the case was. Not bashing them by any means because they do sound soooooo freakin sweet! But all in all I think you're better off. Good luck with everything though!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, the warranty issues he told me about were with the ceramic coating cracking and rusting so its probably what your experiencing.

I was gonna wrap em anyway so it didnt seem that bad and Ive heard of Jet Hot and know they are a reputable company but it was such a hassle and I hate not getting updated on whats going on. To me, if you spend over 500 bucks it warrants some decent customer service.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I emailed Britt to ask for a email confirmation of cancellation this is what I received in response. Take it how you will.

Like I told you on the phone there is nothing else you need to do to cancel the order, so consider this your cancelation confirmation email.
All the emails and requests on the website come directly to me, so the call was all you needed. Sorry I couldn't get the stuff done any quicker for you, but I have no control over their time frame, there are orders for these black pipes that are 6 weeks older than yours I have been trying to get this done for a long time. Good luck with you bike and if you want any of our Signature series parts (other than the black pipes) I will give you dealer cost on any of it for your trouble.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Yeah he seems like he's a kind of "to the point" kind of guy because he was like that when I called about if they had a shipping number and where my parts were. He took care of me pretty good though. But I'm with you, $600-$700 pipes should be pretty dang nice. Looking back I probably should have sent mine back in too. But oh well. And yeah I know of Jet Hot too from my car stuff, but man they are pricey on all the stuff I've looked at! Oh well at least you're gonna get those other ones and I bet they're gonna sound sweet! And for that price I was even thinking of buyin em! Ha ha.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he seems like he's a kind of "to the point" kind of guy because he was like that when I called about if they had a shipping number and where my parts were. He took care of me pretty good though. But I'm with you, $600-$700 pipes should be pretty dang nice. Looking back I probably should have sent mine back in too. But oh well. And yeah I know of Jet Hot too from my car stuff, but man they are pricey on all the stuff I've looked at! Oh well at least you're gonna get those other ones and I bet they're gonna sound sweet! And for that price I was even thinking of buyin em! Ha ha.
Well, Im glad I got to em first. Now I just gotta figure out a way to make em look a little different. Maybe take the bottom one to a custom shop and have em cut a few inches off to give it that staggered look. Probably not though. Buying the black hypercharger with the money I saved next week.

Pics to come!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Installed yesterday and ordered the hypercharger.

Will post pics in the "pics of your 900 custom" thread as soon as I get em uploaded.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.