Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm thinking about a new bike and keep working my way back to a KLR 650. Mostly I'm a commuter, but I would like to have the flexability to take it off road if I want to. It also has to be able to keep up with 70 + MPH traffic for as much as 50 miles. My current ride is a Suzuki GS500E. It serves my road needs but it's a little short on torque.
My big concern is vibration of a single cylinder bike. My main ride is a 99 Nissan Maxima.
It's all about Gas mileage. My Zuki gets 55. What can I expect from the KLR?

Please share your thoughts and more important, experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy,

I've had motorcycles since I was 10 (though presently I am without). Had everything from Harley choppers to Yamaha YZ motocrossers. There's good and bad about them all. One of my favorite though was a Honda XL650. It went every where! It would fly up logging road and handled any MX trail I put to it. However, it only had a 2.5 gal tank and was very tall. It also wasn't fast on the hiway, 70+ was about it.

I'm looking at a KLR650 now as, being older, I'm more into crusing logging roads than racing, yet want to beable to cruse the hiways too. Most people I've talked to are happy with it. Not a hard core MX dirt bike, as the honda was, but better for dual purpose. May need some tweeking to meet my style. Your question about vibration, it's pretty smooth for a thumper. Not as smooth as your GS500, but not discomforting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts