Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the better part of the fall/winter trying to decide on a paint scheme for my bike..I think I found it.Green "realfire"...I used my 20 year old airbrush and Auto air paint for the flames and I bought an HVLP spray gun for the Candy coat/clear..I had alot of fun with it.The hardest part was trying to lay out the flames...There's some screw -ups,but I think it came out ok....This is what I want to do to the bike(with more practice first)..I haven't used an airbrush in 17 years,so any opinions good or bad are welcome...

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Are you kidding? I couldn't draw Homer Simpson.

That is bad a$$. If you can THAT, you should. My opinion.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Yes....You going to HOLLYWOOD. The next american Idol HAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Really...Nice Kawasaki Green Flames.

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Impressive.

I had a spare tank that I once tried to paint just black......didn't work out so well. So I can appreciate the skill it takes to do a nice paint job, especially flames.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I guess you have to find something to do during the winter months. :p

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Nice job.
I can barely draw a stick man, forget paint with a talent like you have.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Wow, that's great!!

Yeah, do the bike like that!! Matching bike and helmet would look pretty cool!

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
It`s obvious you haven`t forgotten how to use your airbrush. That helmet looks great !!.
I did my Meanie in that scheme last year..people are always coming over for a closer look ..
What airbrush are you using ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it looks awesome, do it. I think it will turn some heads for sure, great job.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again guys for the comments.I have the fenders and fuel tank all prepped and ready to paint,so hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a new look for the bike...bigjhonyeti,your bike looks awesome!That's exactly what i want in a paintjob...I used a Badger 150 airbrush.I'm looking for a better one though before i start on the sheetmetal.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You're very talented and it looks great. Can't wait to see how the bike turns out. :D

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Wow, that is just awesome. Can't see the matching bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts