Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of swapping my hypercgarger for one of these air cleaners(below), simply because i prefer the look, what do you guys think i should do??

heres my bike with the hypercharger on.

As i bought the bike with the hypercharger on already, do these things really effect the performance?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i will take the hyper charger off your hands. more then happy to help you out. if it will fit my bike, i would be interested in taking it off your hands.

i say go with what you like.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

it does match the sidecover better...
kinda kills the hot-rod look though...

either way is fine with me:lol:

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
The new one (is that the Kuryakyn High 5 ?) won't change the performance factor, but if you like the look better and it's gonna gnaw at ya, go for it! Personally, I'd keep the HyperCharger and powdercoat it black to go with the bobber look.

Hey, you asked for my $.02.... !!!

Whichever way you go, the bike's very sharp and either option certainly won't deter from the look.

Cheers,
Daryl

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
I had the Hi 5 on my VTX. It sticks WAY out....... it sticks so far out that it hampered my foot position on the floorboards. I sold it after a week. They do look nice, though.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
late thought: If you're going for the mean & nasty look, how about the Kuryakyn "Skull" air cleaner cover??? Goes with the whole wicked theme...
Just a thought...
DS

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
IMHO the hypercharger does not fit the look off the bobber. The round one would look much better IMHO.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
Got that Hi Five filter on mine and I like it. The hypercharger didn't appeal to me, so I know nothing about them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
think im gonna change it, just prefer the shape, much more old school.

Thanks guys for your opinions, much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
I had the Hi 5 on my VTX. It sticks WAY out....... it sticks so far out that it hampered my foot position on the floorboards. I sold it after a week. They do look nice, though.
I have one on my 1500. It sticks out about 1/2" farther than the stock cover. I'd recommend the HighFive anytime.

Shop around before you buy. I found the mfr's website to be the most expensive.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts