Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K.
I have a friend that has been wanting real bad to get a bike, all last summer.
he has gone to several dealers, metric and HD trying to find something even
remotely close to fitting him. anything he gets is going to need some mods,
but no dealer was willing to help him, as a matter of fact, a few actually
laughed at him.
his problem? he's 4'9". hes not a midget, hes a dwarf. hes proportioned just
like you or me, just a tad smaller. his inseam is 22".
does anyone know of a bike that, with mods, would fit someone his size? hes
not worried about it being a bigger (heavier) type big, hes a pretty tough
little dude.
he found a place in Horicon that makes custom bikes, they could hook him up
with a mean setup, but it was pretty pricey, like almost 30some grand.
any ideas? you guys with lowering kits on your 9's, whats the seat height now?

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is no where near exact but my 900 custom with a 3" lowering kit seat height is just under 25 inches. The seat narrows to the gas tank alot so I think it might work. The only problem is the reach to the bars and to the foot pegs are around 24 inches each and there is really no good way to move them. I am only 5'5" myself and I wish the foot pegs were a little closer for me.

Best of luck

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Thirds. Lowest seat height of any cruiser out there. My daughter is 4' 11" and it fits her with good boots on.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
My 5 foot tall girfriend rides a Vstar 650. It took me 15 mins to relocate the rear shock to lower it a bit and she stands flatfooted with ease.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm 5'3" and have my Mean Streak sitting at about 25 in. now with the lowering shocks and the Danny Gray seat. If you got different tires you could probably lower it a bit more but I don't know if I would want to.
I know a few years back I had a Kawasaki 305 and didn't have to do anything to it so if he could find one of them then that might be the answer.
Good Luck. It's def possible just might take some time to figure out thats all.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help guys. I never thought of the VLX600. nice bike too.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
All kidding aside, but a friend of mine is 5' 5" and rides a Wing. He has lowered the bike, and has added 1" risers to his boots.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I agree completely the Honda Shadow VLX 600 would be a GREAT bike. There are a lot of aftermarket options out there for them, they can tbe lowered, they are light, and handle pretty darn good too. However, 2007 was the last year for brand new, but you can find them for sale.

You could also look at the Suzi S40, though I don't know much about it, it should work out for you.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Another vote for the Shadow 600, it was Tracy's first bike and was great. Very forgiving, Honda reliability, good all around bike.
She has a VStar 1100 Custom now, which also has a relatively low seat height.

·
Registered
966 Posts
you can try a lowering kit also lower profile tires and lower shocks the only other thing is he Might have to get a custom kit. IMO if its worth 2 cents, LOL

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Why was I half expecting something like that from you?! lol
Well... take another look at the model, then realize that she was 4 when I met her mom.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I never thought of the VLX600. nice bike too.
And it's JUST big enough to do okay on the highway. It's not a Goldwing, but one of the guys in my club does 400 mile days on his. Does okay if he's in the front of the group so he doesn't run into a lot of rubber banding.
If he's in the rear, he has trouble keeping up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts