Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 500R after I painted it. Tomorrow my D & D pipes come via UPS....cant wait!
Should I also paint the lower faring orange? Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
very sweet, I'd paint the lower orange too though.

Just got my lower painted silver today, although not a perfect match its a whole lot better than before.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very nice. I like the tone of the orange paint.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freakinout said:

Just got my lower painted silver today, although not a perfect match its a whole lot better than before.
I plan on getting the full lower faring so I think I am just going to leave it black now and when I have some more cash I will get the lower and paint that.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
r409z said:
Freakinout said:

I plan on getting the full lower faring so I think I am just going to leave it black now and when I have some more cash I will get the lower and paint that.
Yeah, I'd wait on it too if you're going to get the full fairing piece.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just found a very good ex500 site. It is in German (I don't understand), but you can find some very nice ideas how to paint, how to modify...etc . Some bikes are really modified. There is a beautiful black and yellow bike with a custom made frame (not on home page-click on gpzbilder).

http://www.ex500.de/gpz/index.html

and mine burnout before I installed a new tire:

http://mrlja.250free.com/Kawasaki/Burnout.WMV

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

As good as the orange looked, the hot weather made the clear coat tacky, so one day when i took the cover off, splotches of clearcoat came off as well. I am in the process of being bummed out and sanding. I drop the pieces off at a body shop tomorrow for a pro paint job. Do I stick with the orange or go for lime green? Hard decision....either way I will post pics of the new paint job when I get it all back and put back together.

P

·
0 Posts
the color didn't come out well on my pc??? but still your ride looks good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts