Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to this forum and of all my 23 motorcycles during my life, this is my first Kawasaki. I recently bought a 1982 KZ750 E3 (quad) with only 17k on the speedo. This bike was very clean and was only $1,500. So, after I got my new ride home I went to work on the polishing and cleaning. About 16 hours of rubbing I think Im almost satisfied.
So here is my question. Does anyone know what style/model mirrors came on this bike originally? Does anyone have a picture of OEM mirrors for this model? There are some after market cheapys on there right now that have arms to short for me to see over my own arms. I cant see anything behind me....I just see my elbows. I have searched all over Google for pics of an original factory bike picture but everything I find is pictured WITHOUT mirrors.
Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that reply.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would guess it's the round black plastic ones, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's the same mirrors as the 1000-J1/J2/J3, acccording to the parts list.

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mcdroid....thos were good looking pics you pointed me to. Thanks so much and I really appreciate it.

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Herk, I did use the IPB on kawasaki.com and got the part number for the original mirrors but I couldnt find what they really looked like, IE: plastic, black, or chrome. Thanks for the tip though.

I know the rest of this will be slightly off topic.....
I will try to post some pics later today of my KZ750 for ya. Im still not completely done getting it "set up"...Im still waiting on my OEM sissy bar(low back) / luggage rack and the new seat cover to arrive from UPS. Also, still waiting on the Clutch adjustment cover plate and chrome air cleaner covers that I ordered. Then again, is ANYONE ever "done" setting up their bike? LOL.... BTW....does anyone know if the VIN will give me info on original color/paint scheme? My KZ has been repainted...Im 100% positive of that.
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
BTW....does anyone know if the VIN will give me info on original color/paint scheme? My KZ has been repainted...Im 100% positive of that.
Thanks!!!!
VIN has no info other than model type, production number, and, perhaps, assembly location (depends on model).

·
KLR`s and BBQ`s
353 Posts
I have a set of mirrors I could sell you from my kz1000 that should fit. They are not stock, I got them originally for the same better viewing reason, and they are NOT cheapy and garbage. I recently switched my master cylinder to a new sportbike one and it won't accept these mirros so I put on bar ends. I can send some pics if you like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts