Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever been to this area ? ORMOND BY THE SEA, 1 of our group has rented a beach house or cottage there . I was woundering what to expect from the neighborhood , is it a safe place to leave your bike out at night ?

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Ormond By the Sea is a very residential community. Located just north of Daytona on A1A. I would consider it an, older community and wouldn't have a problem leaving my bike out. If choosing a location for Bike Week, that is a great place to be. Nothing doing in the way of activities but it is just a short hop from Daytona and just south of Flagler Beach. A1A Runs north and south and makes it easy to go to St. Augustine and Jacksonville.

I live just north of Flagler Beach in Palm Coast. Every Bike Week I try to get together with other BTK fans. If your interested, Give me a call at 386-986-8341. First round of Hot Wings are on me at Babes Blue Room.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
My offer includes your buddies and any other BTK fans. However, they are hot. And not your usual.

·
Registered
207 Posts
if your staying for bike week dont use those loud pipes in daytona or you will get a ticket. during bike week the cops do not like loud pipes sounding off. just letting you know.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I went through St.Augustine, Flagler, all the way to Ponce de Leon in August with the family.
Love to make Daytona Bike Week but Thunder Beach (April 30) is definately on my list again this year.
BTW, habernaro wings keeps the ice cold Coors Lt. from getting warm!:-D

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
if your staying for bike week dont use those loud pipes in daytona or you will get a ticket. during bike week the cops do not like loud pipes sounding off. just letting you know.
I believe what the cops are looking for are people revving at stop lights or while trolling in traffic (hense your sounding off?). There are a lot of baffeless pipes, shorties and shot guns around throughout the year. I have yet to learn of anyone getting a ticket for riding.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Oh and gotta mention, bring your own kickstand plate (plastic coaster, chunk of wood) a lot of the parking at the venues is in sand.

·
Registered
207 Posts
thats what i meant to say, if you sound the pipes off while rideing or at a light or stopped for traffic and you will be stopped in traffic a lot, there are a lot of straight pipes at bike week but they dont sound them off now like they did years ago. just trying to help fellow bikers so they will know what can be in store for them/;

1 - 13 of 13 Posts