Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how do you get around when the weather's not conductive to bike ridding :? :?

Here's a picture of my other wheels, it's a 97 F250 Powerstroke diesel 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nother picture of the truck being ramped prior to a 4 wheeling trip to Moab Ut 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
RED!!!

Lost my 97 F250 7.3 with the second wife...I still miss the truck! I don't know about the snow out there, only that it does...suppose you could haul the bike south and ride when you felt the urge though...especially with that truck! NICE!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I gets around on inclement days in my Black '04 F-250 Super Duty

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i get around rather quickly :twisted: :twisted:
wonder why my pics look crappy till you click on them?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool car 8) 8) I'd go to jail ifin I had a speed demon car once again :lol: At one time I had a 1970 SS 396 Chevelle that would smoke almost anything on the road.

Now it's slow trucks for me that will go anywhere I point them :p
All the pictures look crapy to me untill I open them up.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Nice ride Peter!

Gee, I just didn't figure you for a YF-12A or SR-71 kinda guy! Sorry? I liked the YF-12A better. Although it was a tad smaller. I'll never be able to afford an aircraft...except maybe a ZX-6RR perhaps. I'm still working details out with the 250R...and still seaking out bat logos (decals). Letting the Bat out of the bag a little early...That's why I wanted the yellow bike, the 250R so bad. Then Little figures of the bad guys here and there about the bike. I had some ideas, now I'm rethinking them...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
hehe, yeah. I've been thinking about joiing the USAF. Right now I'm in AFJROTC at my school. like it alot, and have always loved planes..math.....anyway, good luck with the bat man themed 250. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
hehe, yeah. I've been thinking about joiing the USAF.
Do it! Do it!

The armed forces are a great thing for a young man. They give you a bunk, clothes, and three squares. So your pay goes a long way. If you're smart (I don't mean academically smart, I mean financially smart), you can get a ton of money for college. Even if you're not, you can still learn some good discipline and take pride in what you've done for your country.

If military life appeals to you, you can retire as a fairly young man.

Talk to your recruiter, but don't sign up the first day you see him. And be sure to compare the USAF to the Army, Navy or Marines. You might get a better offer elsewhere, especially since you're already in ROTC.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
THREAD

Shopping around and getting the best deal for your military career is a cool thing that I didn't put enough effort into. My dad, uncles, were all Navy...I really wish that I was in the Airforce or in the Avaition field of the Coast Guard. The CG is Dept. of Transportation so you have different options than you would coming out of the AF if there was a SPECIFIC something that you wanted.
BAT-Cycle...The original was only a Yamaha 250. I don't know about doing a complete copy...My first thoughts were to just paint it solid YELLOW and have just the Batman logo's like on a real cafe bike. Then I thought about copyright or (tm) infringement. My wife is a paralegal and as long as I buy the decals or (tm) parts I can use them, but I can't just have them painted on (unless I went through proper channels and did lots of parerwork...yada, yada...) SO, I'm looking for larger decals than the current ones that I have which are ovals 4 1/2"Long, 2 3/4" tall. I could purchase a couple more posters, and do it the hard way...but I'm still working on finding larger decals. OF COURSE, IF I changed the image, it wouldn't be a copy adn I could do that and get by with it...but a clone is a cheap wanna-be. not good enough for me. Getting crazy with things like installing a couple or even one tail fin, even if I only added one LED to it would look cool or by doing the entire trailing edge...actually getting a the front canopy from a glider, very small and lightweight...Putting stamp sized pictures of the bad guys would be easy too...but all that is getting away fromjust a simple cafe fairing with a couple black bats, my bat from my shirt sewn onto my jacket, and my keychains one for my belt, and one for my coat zipper. You see how easy it would be to get out of hand? I've but gone mad setting in my computer room...and all this while you guys are feeding me...I keep having this Bat-Cycle popping up on my screen!!! Perhaps, I should wait with the paint and do a 600 up. when I buy one next year...or very late this year... I still think the 250 would be cool as it will be my City Cycle. ANY IDEAS???

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZX-10R Urza said:
hehe, yeah. I've been thinking about joiing the USAF. Right now I'm in AFJROTC at my school. like it alot, and have always loved planes..math.....anyway, good luck with the bat man themed 250. :)
Better grow up 1st eh :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BATMAN!

I found a place that will make the decals just about any size tyhat you want them. They make logo's for just about anything. Planes, boats, trucks...they make banners, just about anything...
At last I have found my source for Batman Emblems!
They will do custom work as well...anything, I guess...

·
Registered
456 Posts
RampRat said:
ZX-10R Urza said:
Better grow up 1st eh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, he needs to grow up. But i think joining the service will help him grow up faster, hopefully in the good ways. I'll bet you were a lot more immature than you are now when you were his age.

The big down side that I see is if he's so immature that he doesn't see the future. He might blow all his money on bikes and gambling and women. Then he'll think he can keep that lifestyle going when he gets out of the service. What a waste that would be. I know lots of people waste their time in the service, but I have a little bit of faith in the kid. I think he'll come out better than when he went in. I think it would be great for him.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
REplacement

Gee, RampRat, think maybe the kid could start? 20 or 30 years couldn't hurt him...the best thing about it is that when he retires he can show us all the cool stuff he's been working with...perhaps without pictures on the website though...hopefully by then we'll have discrete satelite phone complete with video, straightened out for civilian use. Not that I know anything about KG-equipment, I know NOTHING! I forgot that there was nothing to remember, so it must have been a lucid dream, or nightmare...something I saw on Television, yeah, that's where I saw it! The MIB that I can't remember about weren't wearing suits and sunglasses though, in fact, they weren't wearing shoes, when I didn't see them. I only remember lots of Digital Equipment Corporation computers, Computer to computer interface units, asynchronyous and sychronyous Channel Multiplexers, serial to parallel, and parallel to serial boxes, monster hard drives sealed in gas cases, and some cute fiber-optic cabinets with pretty lights and things in glass cages and boxes...And then I was waking up and I heard Mrs. Angell, my wife, saying quit talking in your sleep! It must be time for my medications again???

1 - 20 of 50 Posts