Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..my husband rides entirely too fast for my liking so I don't ride with him. We were out and about on the bikes today and he wanted to go stunt somewhere so I came on home. I'd been home about an hour when he calls me screaming "I HIT A BIRD!"

Ok, by the sound of his voice, I'm thinking it was a hawk or a crow or something and he wrecked his bike. Nope, was a tiny lil bugger (I'll post pics later when he sends them to me) BUT he was going 160 mph :(

Thank God he didn't wreck at that speed! (or any speed for that matter)

He stopped by here before he went to work and he had lil bird guts & blood all over his left arm & shoulder and his face. Yummy! :-D Before he left it was already bruising and all whelped up. Is it bad that I laughed at him once I realized he was ok? Like I said I'm gonna post pics later.

Darn birds

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Is it bad that I laughed at him once I realized he was ok?
No, laughing is perfectly acceptable... as is pointing and laughing, retelling the story to everyone you know and laughing some more.

You should hold a solemn ceremony for the dearly departed bird whose untimely death was the direct result of machosim in action.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The pic of his shoulder was taken bout a half hour after hittin the poor lil guy. Kinda looks like a wing imprint :)

Thnx Keith_Stepp ! I am SOOO givin him hell bout it when he gets home from work. If it wudnt have quit raining I would've gotten a pic of all the blood n pooop on his gas tank hehe :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
That's gonna look cool when it turns purple.

LOL

How in the world did you get a picture of the bird? Did he bring it home? Was it somehow stuck on his bike? Did it fly into his jacket? Did it follow him home to die conveniently where you could get a picture? How was the bird not vaporized by the impact and how do we know this is not a bird stand in for the photo opportunity?

BTW, that bruise looks an awful lot like a lipstick kiss to me. You should slug him in the arm just to make sure the bruise is genuine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's gonna look cool when it turns purple.

LOL

How in the world did you get a picture of the bird? Did he bring it home? Was it somehow stuck on his bike? Did it fly into his jacket? Did it follow him home to die conveniently where you could get a picture? How was the bird not vaporized by the impact and how do we know this is not a bird stand in for the photo opportunity?

BTW, that bruise looks an awful lot like a lipstick kiss to me. You should slug him in the arm just to make sure the bruise is genuine.
:biggrin: :biggrin: Man ur sense of humor cracks me up! It would be soo much more funny if the bird had followed him home and conveniently died so I could take a picture but alas, it died upon impact. When it hit him his glasses flew off & he had to stop (plus his arm was killin him) so he walked back to find the glasses and the bird was laying there.

You know, now that I think about it, you'd think at *that* speed the bird would've been a bit more 'damaged'. I've heard if u blaze a deer over 90mph u cut thru them hmmm...gotta do some research now :D

Oh and btw, I already punched it once ;) Hoping he doesn't see it coming when he gets off work tonight, bc he'd do the same to me but I punch harder :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You know, now that I think about it, you'd think at *that* speed the bird would've been a bit more 'damaged'.
Well now... it seems to me that someone has been exaggerating just a wee bit. I mean, when Randy Johnson hit that bird with his 95MPH fastball, there was this giant puff of feathers and the bird vanished, no doubt a rift in the space time continuum was created by the impact and knocked the poor thing into the next week. At 160MPH, or so the story goes, the bird should have punched a hole clean through him instead of leaving that handsome bruise. I suspect he was going much slower than cited and was just too macho to admit that he was bruised by a sparrow going 30MPH.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bwahahahaha :) U know Keith I do believe ur correct. I know the bike will go that fast but I was thinking the exact same thing, the baseball guy that poofed the bird. He'd never admit he was going slower...**** the macho mind set *shakes fist* Oh well...I still think the entire thing is frickin hilarious :)

I'll take a pic of the bruise tonight or in the am, its gonna b purdy

Now when I hit my first bird I'll do the same, post plenty of pics of the damage (depending on where it hits me, I had one hit my boob on a 4 wheeler once, that was NOT fun)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Now when I hit my first bird I'll do the same, post plenty of pics of the damage (depending on where it hits me, I had one hit my boob on a 4 wheeler once, that was NOT fun)
Errrrrrrr. Uhm. *cough* *cough*

That could be one very popular post. No doubt.

My best impact story is I ran through a cloud of bees once. I have a windshield though and only took a few hits on my shins, arms, shoulders, and my forehead... and yes, I was wearing a helmet and all my gear, so I have/had no battle scars to show off later. My windshield looked like a llama had spit on it... a few times... and was pretty much opaque. BTW, bee goo is sticky and is hard to clean up. For some reason, girls were not all that impressed by the giant smear of bee goo right between the eyes on my helmet and were downright disinterested when they discovered I wasn't stung even once. I just can't figure women out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
"I HIT A BIRD!"

Tell him instead of complaining that he should be thankful he didn't have to land in the Hudson River!!

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My windshield looked like a llama had spit on it... a few times... and was pretty much opaque. BTW, bee goo is sticky and is hard to clean up. For some reason, girls were not all that impressed by the giant smear of bee goo right between the eyes on my helmet and were downright disinterested when they discovered I wasn't stung even once. I just can't figure women out.
Me either man, that's why I have no female friends...ok I have 2 but I rarely see them or talk to them.

As for the bees ur lucky!! That's been my biggest fear of riding was gettin stung, I'm deathyly allergic to wasps & hornets & bumble bees...well anything except honey bees. I have seen the aftermath of bee guts....what woman in her right mind wudnt be impressed by riding through a swarm of bees and not getting stung? :biggrin: :biggrin: That's a new super hero power 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:worthless:
:wink::mrgreen:
Sorry that was years ago back before mama was mama :tongue:
I have no pics of that horrendous bruise :tongue:

and to b technical there's already pics in this thread :razz:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya'll r a hoot :-D

compromises & bribery dont work with me :wink: I bartended at a 'biker' bar for over a year. I've seen and heard it all.
I've actually contemplated makin a shirt to wear to work saying, They Only Come Out At Altamont or something :)

Good try tho :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Me either man, that's why I have no female friends...ok I have 2 but I rarely see them or talk to them.

As for the bees ur lucky!! That's been my biggest fear of riding was gettin stung, I'm deathyly allergic to wasps & hornets & bumble bees...well anything except honey bees. I have seen the aftermath of bee guts....what woman in her right mind wudnt be impressed by riding through a swarm of bees and not getting stung? :biggrin: :biggrin: That's a new super hero power 8)
yea...i dont think he was doing 160. but he was probably doing a fair clip anyways. tell him to be more careful! although that probably wont work, us guys being like we are ;) LOL

and if youre allergic to bees and wasps you might want to keep an epi-pen with you at all times. you never know when you might need it, especially out on the open road, especially if youre alone! might want to see a doctor about that since you probably need a prescription or something, but it would be a peace of mind thing :)

and hows this for super powers...im 28 and have only been stung by a stinging insect once. ive been around bees, bumble bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, you name it. even ran through a swarm once because it was the only place to go to get away (was on a pier and going through was faster than trying to swim! LOL). the one that got me? a red wasp that wouldnt have hurt me if i wouldnt have tried to mess with him. however, he landed on my arm and i just thought i had an itch. yippee! it hurt! what a wake up call!

wonder what that bruise looks like now LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah soc_monki I have 2 epi pens in my saddle bags. I do need to go to the dr & get some more though, I'm rather accident prone, I can come with in 500 ft of a stingin critter & it seems they chase me. Actually, when my RV broke down near Mont Eagle TN (blew a caliper) I got chased by 3 red wasps and after I got into the van they repeatedly flew into the window.

Talk about super powers! Maybe I'm just cursed. I've been stung soo many cotton picking times they give me 10 epi pens at a time. (I think the norm is 2).

I'm curious as to how his bruise is turning out, he's off in 2 hours, I'm debating on hittin the bruise or his sunburn muahaha ...I'm a pain in the a$$ its my thing:twisted:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yeah soc_monki I have 2 epi pens in my saddle bags. I do need to go to the dr & get some more though, I'm rather accident prone, I can come with in 500 ft of a stingin critter & it seems they chase me. Actually, when my RV broke down near Mont Eagle TN (blew a caliper) I got chased by 3 red wasps and after I got into the van they repeatedly flew into the window.

Talk about super powers! Maybe I'm just cursed. I've been stung soo many cotton picking times they give me 10 epi pens at a time. (I think the norm is 2).

I'm curious as to how his bruise is turning out, he's off in 2 hours, I'm debating on hittin the bruise or his sunburn muahaha ...I'm a pain in the a$$ its my thing:twisted:
you must be one of those people that smells good to them...either that or you give them dirty looks and T them off easily! insects are weird that way...they dont bother me hardly at all, but i know people who can just look at them and they attack, like my brother! our dad always told us "dont bother them and they wont bother you!" and one day a wasp just decided to sting my brother for no reason at all. sometimes i wonder what those things think...if they think at all LOL

good thing you have epi-pens at the ready! i know if i had some kind of allergy, food or otherwise, id be ready. im super-paranoid with some things and that would be one of them!

and sunburn? could it get any worse? LOL i think if i had to take one or the other it would be the bruise...sunburns are harder to live with! LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts