Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got caught in a wicked-bad hail storm. Marble size. The kind you use to tap you reed valves. OUCH, I tell ya...OUCH!

LOL,
John

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I feel for ya John! I felt that in a small storm....nothing like your sharing now....but it isn't fun at all. Not to bad if you can run for cover but when your caught out in the open it really sucks!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
i've been out in double bb sized hail, not on my bike, just out in it and that hurt like all heck..can't imagine marble size while on a bike.....did it leave any marks, on you or the bike?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey, it didn't kill ya, maybe gave you a few memorable marks and good pieces of scar tissue. You must be stronger and smarter from this somehow.......I hope.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in that storm in east mesa heading home in my truck. Saw 3 bikers riding in the hail and not enjoying it! All I could think is how glad I was to be in that truck!!! My yard was covered with it like snow!!! :eek: :) :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Did you guys in Arizona make the weather gods mad? :shock:

·
37,387 Posts
whistle clean said:
Did you guys in Arizona make the weather gods mad? :shock:
guess they didn't make their virginal sacrafices at the top of the mountain

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've been in some bad riding conditions but I have to say the worst is riding around central Ohio's lake country during the height of the Cicada season. Talk about a swarm of pain! Don't know what I was thinking.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I got in some road constuction with pieces of gravel and debris flying up from the hummer in front of me. I had to back off a good 500 yards before I quit being sand blasted. The people behind my were not very understanding. Yes, gravel hurts, just like hail. Even rain seems to hurt. Maybe I should get a windshield or at least a face shield.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Ouch is right! I've never been caught in a hailstorm (on my bicycle, yes; on my motorcycle, no), but I did get caught in a sleet storm this past fall. I had a full-face helmet on, so my head and face were protected. My coat with armor protected my torso, and my gloves and boots took care of my hands and feet. But I was wearing only jeans, and wow, did my legs hurt! I can't imagine how much more painful big hailstones would be! We pulled over quick when the storm started, but until we did it was pretty awful.

·
37,387 Posts
I remember once when as a kid living in Davenport Iowa, we had one of them twister generating storms that dumped golfball sized hail for about 15 minutes. Talk about battered trees and cars. Stuff that size would kill a guy

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
We get those kind of hailstorms here, too, David, and they're frightening. I hope to god I never get caught in one on my bike. I've had bad damage to cars and houses from those storms! One good reason to wear a helmet, I suppose. Those storms can come up on you really fast, before you ever realize what's happening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts