Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I laid it down today. **** soccer mom on the phone locks her brakes for no reason on the freeway. I paniced and locked mine too. :( Hit the pavement and rolled 8 times according to the guy behind me. He stopped and made sure I was alive.

Injuries:
Pride
Broken thumb
Cracked ribs
Helmet
Jacket
Front fairing
Exhaust
Turn signal
Rear peg
Rear brake pedal

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good thing you had all your gear on or you would have been a real mess. And it sounds like mainly cosmetic damage. I'm sure you'll be back on the road in no time. In my experience with wrecked bikes (and I have have more than I wish I did). Usually as long as the frame and forks are straight and the engine still runs fine you shouldnt have to much trouble getting it back to decent copndtion and hopefully it wont be to expensive. How bad is your thumb broken? Has the doctor told you about how long it will take you to heal?

Keep Safe,
Albert

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The doc called and said the x-ray shows it's not broken. Just sprained badly.

As for getting back to riding, I rode back home.

Yes it's mainly cosmetic. Busted turn signals, goobered up fairing and a bent brake pedal. Still ridable. She's just not purty and new no more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, good thing you were wearing your gear indeed. I'm amazed you rode back home..

Anyway, you think you will be riding again in the next few days? I don't know too much about cracked ribs, but it sounds.. not good to ride with. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
like everyone else said..glad you were wearing your gear!!!

People should stay off their cell phones...i have this problem even riding in the car..people in front of me on the phone, slamming on brakes for no reason or doing 15 under/over the speed limit because they are caught up in conversation :x ticks me off!!!! glad you are ok!!!! Ride ON!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts