Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got time to write about my trip from Parkersburg WV to Wears Valley Tn. My friends Dwayne and Dave are seasoned riders and had made several trips on their bikes, but Steve and I were Newbies. The trip started with great weather but after traveling down 119 in WV to Kentucky the weather started getting a little grey, and then started to rain. I found my new rainsuit worked very well and after more than a few hours on the new Mustang Seat my butt and back still felt incredibly good. The trip down took us 10 and a half hours. We took 119 all the way down to 25e, across Cumberland Gap and down to 11w. 11w to 92, 92 to 40 and 40 to 66. We finally got to Pigeon Forge Tn and the worst part of the ride began, Stop and Go traffic for over an hour to get thru town. Finally made it to the cabin on the mountain, and spent the night.
Saturday we rode 441 over Newfound Gap to Cherokee NC,and did some shopping. Found a leather vest so I just had to buy it! ha ha! Then rode the same route back. Sunday we rode over 441 again to 19, over 28 and to 129. Rode The Dragon, what a great ride! Came back and bought some pins and tee shirts at Deals Gap, then rode 74, where it started to rain. Then up 68 across the Cherohalla scenic highway where it really started to rain hard, it was a nice easy ride compared to The Dragon and I have been told the scenery is great! I wouldnt know. Then up 411 to the other end of 129. Took 129 to the Foothills parkway and then 321 back to the cabin. About 270 miles on Sunday, packed up and came home on Monday. Since it was raining again on Monday we just rode the interstates all the way home. All in all a great ride, just the weather didnt cooperate. I took very few pictures due to the weather and road conditions, mostly just scenery. I will try and figure out how to post pictures in a little while.

My firsts were taking my first really long ride, 440 miles one day, riding with a Mustang seat and highway pegs, and riding for a long time in a hard rain.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Well finally got time to write about my trip from Parkersburg WV to Wears Valley Tn. My friends Dwayne and Dave are seasoned riders and had made several trips on their bikes, but Steve and I were Newbies. The trip started with great weather but after traveling down 119 in WV to Kentucky the weather started getting a little grey, and then started to rain. I found my new rainsuit worked very well and after more than a few hours on the new Mustang Seat my butt and back still felt incredibly good. The trip down took us 10 and a half hours. We took 119 all the way down to 25e, across Cumberland Gap and down to 11w. 11w to 92, 92 to 40 and 40 to 66. We finally got to Pigeon Forge Tn and the worst part of the ride began, Stop and Go traffic for over an hour to get thru town. Finally made it to the cabin on the mountain, and spent the night.
Saturday we rode 441 over Newfound Gap to Cherokee NC,and did some shopping. Found a leather vest so I just had to buy it! ha ha! Then rode the same route back. Sunday we rode over 441 again to 19, over 28 and to 129. Rode The Dragon, what a great ride! Came back and bought some pins and tee shirts at Deals Gap, then rode 74, where it started to rain. Then up 68 across the Cherohalla scenic highway where it really started to rain hard, it was a nice easy ride compared to The Dragon and I have been told the scenery is great! I wouldnt know. Then up 411 to the other end of 129. Took 129 to the Foothills parkway and then 321 back to the cabin. About 270 miles on Sunday, packed up and came home on Monday. Since it was raining again on Monday we just rode the interstates all the way home. All in all a great ride, just the weather didnt cooperate. I took very few pictures due to the weather and road conditions, mostly just scenery. I will try and figure out how to post pictures in a little while.

My firsts were taking my first really long ride, 440 miles one day, riding with a Mustang seat and highway pegs, and riding for a long time in a hard rain.

:worthless:

We need evidence to place you at the seen!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was down that way a couple of weeks ago, it was my first long trip on my 900. W/o the Mustang seat I probably would have been a hurtin' puppy.

Can't wait to go back !

·
Registered
36 Posts
sounds great..

i am in beckley and we got drilled with rain this weekend..no rain suit either..also first time in the rain..felt like a new tattoo..

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a note of humility, the reason there are no pictures of us on The Dragon is that I wasnt going to let go of the handlebars to try and take a picture! Lots of fun though!

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and how is this for a cabin
in the woods! HOT TUB, 4 BEDROOMS WITH JACUZZI TUBS IN EACH ROOM GAME ROOM TV IN EACH ROOM WITH A BIG SCREEN TV IN LIVING ROOM! SWEET!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Leaving tomorrow for the Dragon. Is that cabin through Twin Mountain? That is who we got a cabin through and that looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I love the Dragon and that whole area. Its a must. Did you see the tree of shame there at the resort? Did you check out the falls just off the skyway? Glad you had a great time.

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the Dragon and that whole area. Its a must. Did you see the tree of shame there at the resort? Did you check out the falls just off the skyway? Glad you had a great time.
Yes I saw the tree of shame. I didnt get to the falls though.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Wow. Glad you had a great time. It is beautiful there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts