Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1975 g5-c 100 kaw enduro
1900 miles 2-stroke Florida

I bought this a couple weeks ago, cleaned the carb, tank, new plug, what the manual called for,emptied the injector and refilled.

It started right up and runs perfect..............until it gets hot, usually around 10 minutes into the ride on the street, running no faster than 50. It then starts to pop and sputter, and backfire. it will idle, but not rev up with a load. the manual suggested cooler plug, i replaced it with factory plug, someone had put hotter plug in it. that helped a little. I replace the transmission oil, helped a little, but still gets hot.

the manual says the cab may be adjusted too lean......how would i richen it up? it came from the west coast and maybe mountain trail riding...is it possible it might have wrong jet or jets for sea level riding here in fl?

would i need to replace main jet and needle jet? is there a way to tell which jets i have?

thanks
Frustrated Eddie

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
you're likely going to have to find out what stock jet sizes were, and obtain a set of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried moving the circlip down on the needle jet, causing a richer mix, but it didn't run as smooth, and it still got hot and started missing, popping, and sputtering, but will idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts