Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im at my wits ends with this bike. It is ****ing me off so bad. Here is my issue with it. It was blowing one of the lower hoses off all the time, so I got that fixed made it more difficult for it to blow the hose. Now what it is doing is blowing all the water out of the radiator cap into the over flow and then out of the overflow onto the ground. If i take the radiator cap off with a full radiator and turn it on, if I give it any gas water just blows out of the radiator. What do you think it could be? maybe the pump, maybe the head? Help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
Have you checked the thermostat? Sounds like you are building excess pressure which could be the thermostat or some other restriction to flow. Maybe a collapsed hose. I would give it a good flush and a new thermostat. But first I would make cure no coolant was getting into the oil because a blown head gasket can also create excess pressure.

Ok so all my experience here is dealing with automobiles as I have never dealt with a liquid cooled bike but the same principles should apply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the T-stat out already, boiled it and it opened, I also tried the bike without the t-stat in it at all. The bike was rebuilt about 200 miles ago, new head gasket and all new gaskets all around. Problem was not there before the rebuild.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Excessive coolant pressure to that degree will be as a result of the combustion gases leaking into the cooling system.

If the engine had not been apart i would suggest the cylinder head gasket had blown & or a warped head face.

But as it's just been rebulit it could easliy be a error on the rebuild, As you stated it was not present before the build..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Have you bled the system at the water pump - as well as at the t-stat?
You can still have air trapped in the system down at the water pump - which will expand and blow water out if it is not removed.
One of the small bolts at the water pump has a small washer under its head - that is the bolt to loosen off and bleed from - you do not need to take it out - just slacken it off to allow trapped air out - then re-tighten carefully!
HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.