Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Ozark,Bikes,Bass,Beer & Bar-B-Que Rally" CANCELLED!!!

A few of us from the "Vintage" and "Cornered Mechanics" sections are planning a gathering in the Bull Shoals,Norfork Lakes area located in the South Missouri,North Arkansas region late April,early May. Exact location and dates will be posted soon. :eek:"Drag Race and V-Twin Eliminations begin Sunday!":eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
When do the Bass start to spawn in that area? I'll be watching the post, I think Bass is 65* water and beer drinking temp is 39*(or 37*or51*or>>>>>>>>>>)

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I've only caught white bass once and I was actually fishing for spring season crappie when I caught those so I'd assume they spawn in spring like the crappie. No idea of the water temps for this.

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When do the Bass start to spawn in that area? I'll be watching the post, I think Bass is 65* water and beer drinking temp is 39*(or 37*or51*or>>>>>>>>>>)
The "White Bass" begin their spawn when the water reaches 50-55 deg. They like to make their spawning runs up creeks and rivers feeding large lakes. The fishing's fast and pound for pound are the hardest fighting fish in fresh water! The spawn is usually done by mid April,but they return to the main bodies of water and are found where ever the shad are breaking the surface.You fillet them like crappie,season the fillets with lemon pepper,sliced onion and butter wrapped in foil. You cook them two minutes each side on a bed of campfire coals and its "make you wanna slap yur gramma" good!:wink: Its usually still a bit cool out when they spawn,but they can be found late spring and all summer long busting schools of shad in the main lake areas.Im planning on trailering my bike, and hauling gear in the truck depending on where the final destination is. Ill keep every body posted. My email is<[email protected]> PS.I know the Sedona area well,Oak Creek Canyon and the Verde River too:wink: I lived in Phoenix when I was a tenderfoot.:santa:

·
Registered
63 Posts
You may have been a lightfoot at one time Gordan, but I don't think that you were ever a tenderfoot! Bump!:mrgreen:

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
down here the whites start running about early to mid march.Bass are good anytime there about or more towards early April.I cant wait!Now if I could just figure out how to bring my bike and boat down I would be set!!!!We could have a blast!!

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Bucket Mouth There Conroy!:wink: 5lbs? Smithville Lake? You pull the boat, and Ill make room for your bike! My son has a three bike trailer in Platte Woods. Are you In? Ill be rolling right through KC on the way down. We're looking at Bull Shoals. We didnt want to try and hit the White Bass spawn and takes bikes too as its still kinda cool when they run. But they can still be caught in schools busting the shad. Ill probably rent a pontoon boat so several can fish at once. Your certainly welcome to join us. Happy Holidays! let me know. Ill have dates and locations after the holidays. I fished Smithville alot until the divorce in 92, I had a Stratos 285 in those days and still know that lake well!

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
SPot on for lbs.!!! You know your fish. that was caught in August at Longview lake.I live about 15 minutes away.I am an avid fisherman and have fished SMithville since it was built and hunted the trimble area before they flooded it.I have pulled some BIG fish out of there.Great bass,whites and crappie lake.I have a 1990 stratos 266 fs in mint condition.bought at Smithville marine right off the showroom.Later on i will have to see what my schedule is around that time.I work at Tracker Marine service dept. at the new Bass Pro in Independence so I am always in a boat every day!!Use to fish tournaments all the time up at smithville.Love the W bridge area.Now my fishing and riding fever are sky high! cant wait till spring! Here is a smithville bass for ya!!! The old bridge in the background is way back north east of camp branch.If you know the lake you know where Im talking about.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
See what happens bro, you put a line in the water--get a few nibbles-- and now the feeding frenzy is on!:lol: :lol:

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See what happens bro, you put a line in the water--get a few nibbles-- and now the feeding frenzy is on!:lol: :lol:
You sure got that right Hi-C! Hey Roy, Thats 6-1/4lbs! NICE! Dude we need to "hook up" Pun intended! :lol: I fished Pats Lures Monday and Thursday evening tournements religiously! Bob Pool and I were always in the money whenever the big tourney's like Red Man,Bass Federation,Mid-West came through! I know that lake very well:wink:8-10lb fish were common until the corp stepped in to control the hydrilla in 91! 15lb Walleye were common too, they were in Trimble Lake when Smithville was impounded. That all changed in 91. I expect its recovered a bit since then. I could go on and on, but Ill save some stories for the campfires!:wink: Its snowing again!:eek:

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Your good at guessing weight!!! you could get a job at the circus guessing peoples weight!!!:lol: :lol: the last big fish I caught over 7 1/2 lbs was in 91 way up the little platte creek by the ramp.I have only been there a few time since 03.do most of my fishing down this way on the smaller lakes closer to home.Last year i only got to go fishing about a dozen times cause i was working on everybody else's boat so they could go.Bull shoals is a beautiful lake with lots of big hybrids and stripers too!!

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Where abouts on Bull Shoals are ya talking about? It would be nice to find a resort with cabins and a dock with elec. hookup for trolling motors.I have checked out lots of place's that will rent pontoons and such.Also a place where we dont have to travel on gravel roads!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Out of my league! I was thinking about bringing some traps, a 22, solar panel, salt&pepper, washing stuff, arm pit anti-smell, a pole, and a fat girl for warmth!
HOPE THE WIFE DOESN'T SEE THIS!:eek: :eek:

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
it's not that bad.50 or 60 bucks a night for 0ne or 2 bedroom cabins.we have lots of time to check things out.:mrgreen:

·
Fat Boy!
22 Posts
Sounds like fun. My wifes sister lives down in that area and that would make for a good reason to go see the "inlaws". Keep us updated on the plans.

Randy

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Another KC person.We"ss have to get together and ride when the weather straightens up.Where abouts are ya?

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I live down in Harrisonville, and just bought my first bike. Someone to ride with would be great.

Randy
DUDE I will be ready when the snow clears!!!! I live up here by the stadiums and ready to ride.Harrisonville is just a stones throw away from me. I hate winter already and just keep in touch so we can ride.!!!

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I'll have to keep an eye on this thread... I don't fish but the ride would be fun
Mike if you go we could troll and I guarantee you will like to fish!!!
My boat is set up for trolling and I am an excellent fisherman!!! I will put you on them!!! It is a blast for sure! Sit back and enjoy the ride till the fish bite.I have high back swivel bucket seats and a stereo with trolling set up and I know what makes them bite!!! I guarantee you will catch fish!!!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts