·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this an easy fit?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah, it fits in there perfectly and the wiring lengths are meant for that location.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yep, I have had mine there for 15,000 miles and no trouble. I did not fix it with velcro, although you could. I did throw some rags in there to keep it from bumping around. Checked it a few thousand miles ago to see if the map was still in the memory...it was just like when it was installed. :D

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
same

same here, but i velcroed mine. i did notch the back of the compartment for better ease of wiring but other than that it was a perfect fit. i also fit my trailer signal adapter in there, no prob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have the California model? It will a a bit tighter fit on that, because the emission box takes up most of the space on the left compartment. However, in my VN 1600 Classic it fit perfectly when I velcroed the back of the PC to the end of the emission box and the side of the PC to the back plate of the compartment. That way all the connectors are nicely accessible for map updates and PC itself seems to sit there quite snuggly.

For some reason the installation instructions recommended velcroing the PC to the cover of the compartment. I can't see what is the point in doing that?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10/4 ITS A 03 MEANSTREAK, CALI BIKE. Are the compartments the same size as the classic? Did any one choose the pre mapping from the factory or is it better to map it during the install? THX. for the replies guys, she getten some pipes for xmas, just trying to do a little homework here. THX.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
mapping

i ended up making my own mapping but only by guess. there wasn't a stock one that matched my mods. hopefully i will be having it dynotuned after the winter, which should be the ideal map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts