Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Ready2Ride
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
What is the date of the 2008 PA Forum Ride? I want to schedule it as vacation days here at work for the upcoming year.

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Hiya JD!

Have the dates been set? Jf not, food for thought: Ya think it might be a good idea to try to tie it in somehow with the Hershey ride or do ya wanna keep it separate? If ya wanna keep it separate, maybe a little earlier in Sep so it's not so close to the Hershey ride?

I really enjoyed both last year & definitely wanna do both again this year! I also wanna do the Missouri ride in May, Myrtle Beach, Red Lodge, Deals Gap & so on & so on!

Whatever is decided, Pa is one I'll make! :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I'd like to make both the PA forum ride and the Hershey ride, but in all reality with my weekend work I'll probably only make one.

·
Ready2Ride
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's up Gary? It seems early August worked for everyone last year. Impact and Meangirl have a lot of boating weekends during the summer and I have PSU football games beginning in September, plus my local VRA Delmarva Bike Week trip to Ocean City in September. I wasn't planning on coordinating the ride this year, unless no one else steps up. I'll send you and others a PM concerning Myrtle.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Last year's was what, August 11th? That worked out rather well.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I believe you guys are right. For some reason, I was thinkin it was late in Aug & close to the Hersey ride, hence the question. OK, scratch my 1st post! Geeze,what a dummy! :roll: :oops: :biggrin:

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Hershey CMN Benefit is September 27, 2008

Yeah... I gotta start making SOME plans. The vacation sheet is being passed around at work.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
How about this as a forum ride itinerary idea:

Thursday 8/7/2008 - morning meetup, ride from York thru PA Dutch Country, Poconos, Delaware Water Gap to Dingman Township/Milford, stay Thursday night in Milford area.
Friday 8/8/2008 - morning meetup, ride from Milford to Wellsboro, stay Friday and Saturday nights in Wellsboro.
Saturday 8/9/2008 - morning meetup, loop ride north and west into NY, starting and ending in Wellsboro.
Sunday 8/10/2008 - morning meetup, repeat of last year's Grand Canyon ride, starting in Wellsboro and ending with late lunch at Cruisers Cafe in Mount Pleasant Mills.

This affords meetup opportunities in York, Millville, and Wellsboro for people coming from different directions. We can get our reservations in early at the Sherwood Motel in Wellsboro, so hopefully everyone wishing to stay there can get a room 8) .

I can certainly help with route and accomodations planning.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts

Thursday 8/7/2008 - morning meetup, ride from York thru PA Dutch Country, Poconos, Delaware Water Gap to Dingman Township/Millville, stay Thursday night in Millville area.
Friday 8/8/2008 - morning meetup, ride from Millville to Wellsboro, stay Friday and Saturday nights in Wellsboro.
Saturday 8/9/2008 - morning meetup, loop ride north and west into NY, starting and ending in Wellsboro.
Sunday 8/10/2008 - morning meetup, repeat of last year's Grand Canyon ride, starting in Wellsboro and ending with late lunch at Cruisers in Perry Township.

This affords meetup opportunities in York, Millville, and Wellsboro for people coming from different directions. We can get our reservations in early at the Sherwood Motel in Wellsboro, so hopefully everyone wishing to stay there can get a room 8) .

WOW! You did GREAT Mike!
I think that's a great plan!

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
I believe you guys are right. For some reason, I was thinkin it was late in Aug & close to the Hersey ride, hence the question. OK, scratch my 1st post! Geeze,what a dummy! :roll: :oops: :biggrin:
Come on Gary get with it. Is your brain getting a little fuzzy. You probably need some TEQUILA 8)

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts

Thursday 8/7/2008 - morning meetup, ride from York thru PA Dutch Country, Poconos, Delaware Water Gap to Dingman Township/Millville, stay Thursday night in Millville area.
Friday 8/8/2008 - morning meetup, ride from Millville to Wellsboro, stay Friday and Saturday nights in Wellsboro.
Sunday 8/10/2008 - morning meetup, repeat of last year's Grand Canyon ride, starting in Wellsboro and ending with late lunch at Cruisers in Perry Township.
Now thats what I call stepping up to the plate. TriXie and I are in for whatever.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Come on Gary get with it. Is your brain getting a little fuzzy. You probably need some TEQUILA 8)
TEQUILA?! :shock:

By the way, I have talked about Chaz and his tequila thirst in PA too much to friends and family!!!! You can't believe how many bottles of tequila, margarita mix, limes, rim salt, glasses AND tequila t-shirts he got for Christmas!!!!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts