Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking for a paint code to mix paint for 1974 Z1A 'brown.
Want a one stage mix that's close to the original
thanks
If you want some Cheaper single stage just take a part with the right color to the paint store of chose and they can put a color eye on it and give you the clostest match posssible. I am a pro body and painter have been at this for 35 years.You can take this to the bank..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I don't have a part with the correct color on it, otherwise I would have it scanned.
I was hoping somebody had already done that and could give me a mix formula.
I'll keep trying!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Chance, I've got a paint matching question. I have a NOS KZ650 fuel tank & a NOS matching side cover: both parts are Sundance Blue but it looks kinda purple. Which of the two parts would be the best to use to get a good match for repainting a second side cover? The tank (metal) or the side cover (plastic)?

I'm leaning towards using the tank on the off chance that I redo a spare tank in that color. Not that it'll be any help, but here are a couple of pics for the heck of it:

Use the tank Bro. Plastic parts tend to vary slightly in color.. Have a good one

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for your help guys. I don't have a part with the correct color on it, otherwise I would have it scanned.
I was hoping somebody had already done that and could give me a mix formula.
I'll keep trying!
You can probley get it from paintwerks or somewhere like that. But its a little costly..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking for a paint code to mix paint for 1974 Z1A 'brown.
Want a one stage mix that's close to the original
thanks
Jeff he said close. single stage . Theres paint out there that you couldn't tell if it was candy or not. I know what you're saying I painted many Z1s and thousands of bikes and cars. Show winners. I can match colors by sight been at it so long. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. But it can be matched close.If he's looking for a resto job no. you're correct. Have a Great Day Bro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.