Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tank stripped well, but side covers don't, and seem to melt?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Did you put a chemical stripper on the plastic?
is not the best idea. wash it off with soapy water and scuff the paint with sandpaper. There's nothing to be gained by trying to get to "bare plastic"

·
KZ Addicted (needs Help)
498 Posts
Bummer about your sidecovers. I just picked up the twin to your bike last week, I'm wondering what's the purpose of the beer bong looking contraption hooked to your fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must mean the funnel to run the bike without the tank.

·
KZ Addicted (needs Help)
498 Posts
You must mean the funnel to run the bike without the tank.
Yep that's what I meant. I took the easy way out with mine, I just yanked the FI and installed a set of new BS34's. It cranked about 3 rounds and fired right up. Sounds pretty good too. Now I need to buy a new battery, change the fork seals and it should be ready to go, hopefully to a new owner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine fired up after a 12 year rest and new big bore rebuild. So far I am impressed with the FI durability. I'll see how it runs, but purrs at idle.

·
KZ Addicted (needs Help)
498 Posts
If I had planned on keeping this bike I may have tried to sort out the FI issues this bike had when I got it. The PO had removed the airbox and replaced it with K&N pod filters. Since I had a new set of BS34's sitting in the basement I didn't see any reason to fight the FI battle. I've already got someone who wants the FI stuff I removed and I really think the bike will be easier to sell with the carbs on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts