Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a big mistake, I bought a sissy bar setup and risers from ebay. They said VN900 but when they came in they're VN900D will they still mount up or should I send them back?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'm pretty sure they are the same.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, apes comin soon. any tips for mounting the sissy bar? either i need to remove the chrome plastic trim or get bigger bolts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I took my plastic off. I think it looks better and the plastic was rubbing the paint off the fenders.

My sissybar is a 17" Cobra. They gave me an assortment of bolts, so I had the option to take off the plastic or leave it on. I left them on until I got the Easy Brackets for my bags, when I noticed the paint was being rubber off by the plastic chrome.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I left mine on. It should come with some spacers to ge between the trim and the sissy bar. Longer bolts too.

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
I left mine on. It should come with some spacers to ge between the trim and the sissy bar. Longer bolts too.
EXACTLY!
The plastic trim remain with the side rails of the sissy bar fitting over them. That said, the kit should be supplied with longer bolts. If they didn't include them, just take the existing ones to a hardware store and buy ones 1/2" longer.

I've never seen them w/o the plastic trim pieces mounted, and based on what a Kawi sissy bar looks like, there would a big weird gap between the fender and the side rails, IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts