Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an '04 500R. Had it for a month, and dumped it :( (had full safety gear on though, so besides a slight limp from smashing into the pavement, I'm in good shape :) )

I searched a little here on the forum and found a few sites to buy parts. I'm leaving it to the dealer to make sure the thing still runs right and/or do what's necessary to make it a sound running machine.

However, I'd like to buy and install as much of the visual stuff as I can by myself (Save money and learn to take care of my own bike).

Can anyone suggest a few sites to look for parts (I'm assuming 'hopefully not wrong' that parts for somethin like an '02 or later will be the same)?

I've noticed the 10% off on all kaw. parts from beartooth, is there any small print to this?

Parts that need/would want replaced:

clutch lever
front and rear turn signals on one side
front fairing is cracked and has a nice scratch the length of it.
exhaust can on left hand side

Thanks for any help and comments.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
parts

Beartooth has the DISCOUNT parts and ther is NO smallprint they are great people...Personally I would go and replace ALL of my turnsignals with flushmount LED's instead...besides being brighter(safer) they aren't hanging way outside of the bike...Plasticweld is what ou use on the plastic to repair cracks and make it stronger, and the scratch could be covered either in pinstriping, painting, decal or use your imagination...the muffler can you can actually use fine emery cloth to sand clean and then check out www.por15.com for some of their products like the high temp paint for the muffler only do both sides... purchase a SPORT RIDER magazine and they have ads for LED's or just search for them using Motorcycle, LED and you will find several sources... ALSO, you should purchase the Maintenance Manual from Beartooth. It is NOT expensive and it has lots of information in it tha tyou should know about everything on your bike...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts