Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a parts bike for others we have,,have to say this one is kinda sad ( no not like in sad looking ) :p,,just that aside from the sissy bar it's all original and all there.Key in the ignition steering lock,,steering stabilizer etc etc ,,looks like someone just forgot they parked it somewhere and walked away

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
WOW!!! :eek:

It looks like it needs additional applications of rust applied so it won't fall apart. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love the raised White lettering on the rear tire:biggrin:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
I really doubt there's much hope of restoring the gas tank. Aside from that it looks restorable.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Oh my goodness...:biggrin: Someone neglected the bike. :frown:

What is that cover below the seat on the right side? Coolant reservoir:confused:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Oh my goodness...:biggrin: Someone neglected the bike. :frown:

What is that cover below the seat on the right side? Coolant reservoir:confused:
oil tank for two stroke.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
When I see a bike in such shape my inner self is sad very sad.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Picked up a parts bike for others we have,,have to say this one is kinda sad ( no not like in sad looking ) :p,,just that aside from the sissy bar it's all original and all there.Key in the ignition steering lock,,steering stabilizer etc etc ,,looks like someone just forgot they parked it somewhere and walked away
Well, now you have something to do this winter. I agree that the fuel tank looks like it's history, but save the emblems from it.

That little bike has more character than anything in the showroom today. It reminds me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
oil tank for two stroke.
Hope you're kidding. :-D

It's a dry sump engine. That's the engine oil tank. Just like the BSA the bike was based on. ;)

Dolly,
Where do you get anything resembling parts for those? You couldn't get parts from Kawasaki over 20 years ago. Is there a hidden subculture of aftermarket suppliers for those?

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It's a dry sump engine. That's the engine oil tank. Just like the BSA the bike was based on. ;)

Dolly,
Where do you get anything resembling parts for those? You couldn't get parts from Kawasaki over 20 years ago. Is there a hidden subculture of aftermarket suppliers for those?

There are some parts avail. here and there plus we have about 4 whole bikes and alotta parts,( and finding more all the time ).

and yes thats the oil tank for the motor not a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If its based on a BSA design, I guess that explains the Right side shift? That's what it looks like anyway. I'm assuming that the brake pedal is on the Left, with some sort of cross through bar that tensions the brake cable on the Right hand side. Really interesting design. Someone said it had character. I'd have to agree with that.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I've restored worse. Nice find. I want one (or the Meguro predecessor to it).

BSA based? Nope, a straight up knock-off, right down to horrible electrical components.
-Scruffy

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That little bike has more character than anything in the showroom today. It reminds me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.
Couldn't agree more! What a pleasure I'd have riding that...it is unique and has a character of it's own...defenitely worth a resto...if you have the time and $$. Maybe in its day it was like owning a vulcan, soft tail, C50 or VTX or whatever other "run-o-the-mill" cruiser you want to plug in, but man that thing (to me anyway) has stinkin' kool written all over it!

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like that it's a non unit construction,,that much easier to work on..we have a trike one as well,,there making a special transmission case so it can have reverse. :)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Neverdull, couple of $0.99 cans of spray paint from Wallyworld, new sparkplug, and a little Seafoam and it will be as good as new. Love the shorty muffler and sissy bar.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts

Dolly,
Kind of tongue in cheek sarcasm. but kidding it is for oil right?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Kind of tongue in cheek sarcasm. but kidding it is for oil right?
Not trying to be sarcastic, I figured you were kidding. (Since a lot of old 2-strokes DID have a oil tank there.) That motor doesn't look anything like a 2-smoker to my eye. Yes it's for oil, but it's engine oil. Not for mixing with the gas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts