Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,144 Posts
Hi Dale and welcome to the forums. I have a 2011 KLR 650. There is no single "cheapest place", you have to shop around.

Folks in the USA like Partzilla and while their prices are generally good, I have been pleasantly surprised when sometimes my local Kawasaki dealer can match or beat those prices. The Kawasaki dealer won't charge shipping unless items are unusually large or heavy.

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
I've not found any one place that's better than others. What I normally do is go to a sight like Partzilla or motosport or cheapcycleparts to use the fiche to find the part number I need then use that number in Google. A little searching and voila!

Reactions: WFO-KZ

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you don't mind paying shipping charges from Japan...

Try

You WILL be surprised at how much cheaper the parts are other than Partzilla or Megazip

Remember the exchange rate will alter the price frequently (but not by much) and they will charge an 'admin' fee then packing and shipping. (I 'think' they are a small company working down the road from Kawasaki Heavy Industries main plant and have an "in" to the Parts Desk.) OH AND if the items are large, bulky or very expensive you'll pay Tax on the package. I'm in the Philippines and Import tax is a major concern here IF Customs catch it.

Also, TRY www.buyee.jp Change the language to English at the top though. Point to note. Buyee is a collection of japanese shopping sites. Yahoo! Auction is NOT the same as Yahoo! Shopping. EACH header in that row is a seperate shop. You have a part number, enter it after clicking on each shop seperately. Buyee works as a collection site. You order, They place order after charging you the shown price. Shipping gets added from the point of sale TO Buyee. Once the items arrive at Buyee warehouse Buyee notify you of whats arrived Buyee then (at your discretion) packing any and all items in your basket into your package and ship to you via your selected method.

Buyee, via Yahoo! Auction works for second hand, used items for the antiques among us (In that search use the Bikes definition KL650 or KE100). Pattern numbers for Bike Parts works best in both Yahoo! Shopping AND Rakuten.

A long winded post about saving money. Impex are probably 40% or more cheaper than Partzilla. Buyee, although you pay shippingtwice and its not easy using their website, the Shopping parts are 'usually' Kawasaki manufacture prices NOT Dealer prices.

·
Registered
731 Posts
How hard would it be to resolve a problem from a part that you purchased from some outfit in Japan? Sometimes, it's best doing what the rest of us do. I have restored 3 bikes using parts off of EBAY. I put the manufacturer name in, Model of bike, and select under "Condition", "USED". Hit enter, then all the parts for your bike come up. Look at the sellers rating and buy the part you need. I haven't had a problem yet. :)

·
Administrator
4,144 Posts
I source parts offshore ONLY if those parts are not available in Canada or the USA. I have been burned too many times with unexpected brokerage fees, duties and taxes, not to mention the high cost of shipping.

With that said, I do keep a list of links to places like Cbajack mentioned, for those hard to source parts but I have found that typically, if the part is no longer available here, it is also out of stock in places like Japan.

So I agree with Kawasakian's approach to buying used parts on Ebay. I have used this approach on a number of times, and had good luck so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts