Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r can it hold a passenger on it?

Also Ive Heard that there is some type of child restraint that connects the passenger to the driver.If anyones also heard about it please telll...

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
I would think it would be heavily dependent on your weight and the weight of your passenger. It's possible but it might not be the best idea...

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
yes, you can take a passenger, and yes, there are belt type systems available. do a search on the net and see if you can find any. As I understand, some of them have handle attached to the side so that the person on back has something to hold onto too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes, you can take a passenger, and yes, there are belt type systems available. do a search on the net and see if you can find any. As I understand, some of them have handle attached to the side so that the person on back has something to hold onto too.
Reminds me of riding with my son then 4 or 5 on a 79 Kaw 1000LTD. He would doze off when my wife and I would go lake riding or on a poker run. I solved problem with black rubber tarp strap, I hooked one end in my jeans belt loop and wrapped around him then hooked in my opposite loop. My wife had a 80 Kaw. 250 LTD and the older son,8 or 9 did not nod off, so he rode with her. Looking forward this summer to taking G-son ,11, on new 08 Nomad,as soon as all the durn ice and snow melts,and I have a serious re-learnining month or so to remember to how to ride!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If I get a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r can it hold a passenger on it?

:)
All bikes have a weight limit - usually about 300, 350 pounds some a little more. There is nothing wrong with riding a passenger. Before bikes got so big, we would ride our 250's 2 up all day long - now these bikes are supposedly too small - BULLSHIP. But remember that riding 2 up is a learned skill so practice, practice, practice.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
double what he said.......my personal safety factor, and just my opinion

if you havent ridden in a long time, or its a first bike, no passangers for a minimum of 6 months, preferably a year

if its just a new bike, and different from the old ( I.E. moedel) no passangers for 3 months

now the restraints, never seen one, so maybe someone else can jump in, but wouldnt it be more dangerous for the child to be hooked to you if there is a emergency ??????

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Most states do not allow children to ride unless they can reach the pegs.
I understand that the pegs are very high on a sportbike, but you may still have problems with the local men in blue.

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Can't say how big a passenger you can carry, but here's a link for a child restraint.

Child Riding Belts Product Information Page

As SD mentioned it could be rough if the rider and child fall off together. These restraints are mainly meant to contain small children prone to falling asleep when in or on a vehicle in motion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts