Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether or not it is city, county state or Federal I'm not entirely set up to sensor...by age. Teesting a the ability of people riding even driving is valid though. My Uncle got lost 3 miles from home on a gravel road that he has traveled for over 70 years of his life. Now he has to take a test to see if he can drive again. I'm all but positive that he will never drive again, he can't remember my name 98% of the time and has even called me his son on occasion. SO>>>>I do believe that the Government should have test's (Driving tests) for every individual, and for every bike that they own...to prevent those who could aford to cheat from doing so. If you own a Ninja 250R and a ZX-10R then you need to pass both of th tests or you can only ride the one that you are qualified to ride on. Although I hate government regulations, I believe for the safety of those around us that we owe it to the community and the community owes it to us to ride our motorcycles, just like they owe us to drive certain cars...infact, I would like it to include Recreation Vehicles where people go out and spend $250,000.00 on a Diesel Pusher RV over 50 feet long hog the road and whip all over the place pulling the (OH, I forgot I was pulling a trailer) over and see their license and have them qualified for not only driving but parking...no pass no darn license!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i totally agree. seems like getting a license,to drive ANyTHING,is way too easy. anyone can drive a vehicle with proper identification and such.which is actually very scary.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SENSOR

So the problem with getting a license...or not...is how do you get someone to get you a $250,000 RV to take a test with, or if you do buy one first than take a test and fail...???same thing witha bike...you buy a ZX-10R that you save every dime and have all the matching clothing, helmet, gloves...the you FAIL the test...??? but then again, if you get a permit and you practice and pass it's okay...if you get to the end of the permit time you have to take the test IF you live long enough to take it. Tough call when it comes to Government controls...but not only for the safety of the rider but for the public, I submit a policy HAS to be implemented to keep the death rates down, from both sides.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about making it so the dealerships (whether it be motorcycle or RV in this case) cannot sell you a motorcycle or RV unless you have already had the required testing done. You have to do it eventually anyway right?. Let's take it one step further and make it illegal to sell (whether it by a dealer, or private party) a used bike or RV to an individual that does not have the proper licenses.

Not once has the secretary of state, or my insurance agent, asked to see my license when I renew my plates or pay my insurance. When I bought my first street bike about 10 years ago I didn't have a motorcycle endorsement, and nobody said a word to me about getting tested. Not the dealer, Sec. of State, or insurance agent. There was nothing to stop me from riding.

I also drive a few 25 foot box trucks for a living at a small party rental company. In Michigan, you used to have a chauffeur's license to drive these trucks. That's not the case anymore. And I would assume the same goes for RV drivers. Getting a chauffeur's license is a joke anyway. You just have to answer about 15 questions. No driving test at all. All that proves, is that you can read.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
That's a vicious catch-22------how are you supposed to have passed the test if they won't sell you the bike???

I'm kinda thinkin if you pass the test with the ZX10-R there's really no need to test for the 250cc bike.

Also---once you hit retirement age----you should have to re-test every 6 months----not like you don't have time to do it---you're retired after all.

Was hit last summer(in the truck) by a 92yo man that decided he wanted to take a U-turn from the far outside right lane---right in front of me-----my horn was still beeping when we stopped. Then he drove off like nothin happened----good things to have are pen and a cell phone-----I followed him till the cops caught up to him-----pretty sure his license was yanked because the guy's son was calling me bitchin-----I told the cops I'll do anything it took to get this guy off the road----never had to go to court or anything though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts