Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have the Patriot hard bags from Patriot Side Car on their bike… maybe a VN2000? If so, how have they worked for you, any problems? Can provide a few good pics?

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
Does anyone here have the Patriot hard bags from Patriot Side Car on their bike… maybe a VN2000? If so, how have they worked for you, any problems? Can provide a few good pics?
I've had them on my V2K for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems at all. They are very high quality bags that hold a ton of stuff. They cost more than any of Tsukayu bags for the V2K, but I like the styling of the Patriot bags a lot more and they are certainly much less money than what Corbin is asking for their Beetle Bags. I'd buy them again if I had to do it all over again.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the look of the Patriots a lot better too... but is it worth the extra $800. That is the question I an trying to answer.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I like the look of the Patriots a lot better too... but is it worth the extra $800. That is the question I an trying to answer.
I guess it would depend on what you can afford and how long you plan on keeping the bike. I knew I'd be keeping my V2K for a long time, so I only wanted to put on quality accessories that I'd be perfectly happy with.

I was looking at them for my VN900 then decided on the Tsukayu. I found what seemed to be knock offs that actually look just like the patriots..

Invicta Motorsports
Their LS004 Pro and Ultimate bags sure do look a lot like the Patriot bags and certainly cost much less. However, my only concerns would be what is their overall quality and durability and would they have to be custom mounted to the bike. With the Patriots it's just a matter of specifying what stock color(s) you want for your specific bike and then quickly bolting them on once you get them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Their LS004 Pro and Ultimate bags sure do look a lot like the Patriot bags and certainly cost much less. However, my only concerns would be what is their overall quality and durability and would they would have to be custom mounted to the bike. With the Patriots it's just a matter of specifying what stock color(s) you want for your specific bike and then quickly bolting them on once you get them.
One of the reasons I went with the Tsukayu.. Makes me wonder sometimes if some of these companies have other companies make their bags and then just rebrand them.. sort of like buying a dishwasher that is labeled whirlpool but made by amana..etc.. The bags do look almost the same..

V2K.. that is one nice looking 2000..

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at what Invicta had to offer... Thier products look good with a lot of styles, sizes, and options availabe all at what seemed to be good prices. Then I did some research on Invicta. Apparently they don't have the best reputation with several customers unhappy with the quality of the glass, finish, and hardware.

Oh well.

I just have a hard time dropping $1400 on two fiberglass boxes... that's a real nice TV or all the other mods I want to do to both bikes combined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts