Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new Power Commandor on my Nomad 1500. It ran real good for maybe 15 minutes then started running like crap. I plugged my laptop into it and looked at the table...The whole matrix from 0 to 3000rpm and 0 to 20% throttle position had lost all it's fuel values and was just a dark blue color. It does the same to any table I send it. Anyone else had this problem?

I reconnect the original fuel controller an it ran just like it always had before.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
First time I hear this. Call PCIII customer svc, they're really helpfull.
I bought mine (non ex) used and had it on my bike for over a year with zero issues.

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
I just installed a new Power Commandor on my Nomad 1500. It ran real good for maybe 15 minutes then started running like crap. I plugged my laptop into it and looked at the table...The whole matrix from 0 to 3000rpm and 0 to 20% throttle position had lost all it's fuel values and was just a dark blue color. It does the same to any table I send it. Anyone else had this problem?

I reconnect the original fuel controller an it ran just like it always had before.
That's correct. It's that way on the EX version "emissions legal" PCIII's. That's why you don't buy the EX version.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ask my local Kaw dealer to get it for me when i bought the bike. Whats the point if you can't do anything with it. I wondered if that was what the problem was when I saw "street legal" on their webpage. Hope the dealer will get me the right one, they knew I was trying to make adjustments for Cobra exhaust and a K&N filter.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Yep, you can still adjust just not those settings in the gray area.
But like you stated, whats the point??
I checked your profile and didn't find any info on where're you from. If you're from the state of California you are limited to the EX one only.

Also it might help if you update your profile and list the year of your bike just in case you have future questions that apply to that bike only we know what bike you are referring to.

I'm hopping you're not from California and your dealer can trade for the original PCIII. Good luck :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the input, I think their parts man just screwed up. I live in Kansas City so am not subject to Cali standards.

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
During normal riding it's surprising how much time you spend under 20% throttle, the area you can't map with the EX version. I'd definitely be back getting the non EX version.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much thanks to all that helped me figure out what was going on. Hats off to Liberty Cycle in Liberty, MO (Kansas City). They are providing me the correct PCIII in exchange.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Much thanks to all that helped me figure out what was going on. Hats off to Liberty Cycle in Liberty, MO (Kansas City). They are providing me the correct PCIII in exchange.
Way to go!
That's great customer svc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts