Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - Thanks again to the guys that helped me figure out I had been provided the Cali certified PCIIIex. I now have the standard unit installed and am very happy with how it is running in the garage...winter sucks.

I loaded a map that is close to my setup and did the button set up thing too, moving all three values to the center LED position. Checked the map again and the values are the same on the map so I assume the plus and minus adjustments the buttons provide are independent of the map. What makes me curious is that when the bike is at idle the LED display is bottomed out at lean and as I roll up the throttle to about 4000 rpm the lights move to midrange. Can someone give me a little insite as to what the lights are actually telling me? Since this thing has no input other than the throttle position and the factory injector signals I can't see how the lights would transmit actual mixture info. Maybe some percentage of increase over the map?

D.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
When it's running or even with just the key on, the lights are showing the throttle position. That's why they go up as you increase the throttle. Adj. is when you hold all 3 buttons down at the same time when first turning the ignition on. Then if you don't adj. anything for about 15 sec. it goes back to showing throttle position. And yes, they are seperate from the map...gives you additional adj. on the fly...pretty big difference from total lean to max rich as far as mpg and power.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna like the adjustability of this thing. My girlfriend and I are going to the Smokey Mountians this summer. It'll be nice to fuel up and down as needed.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts