Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the best approach on buying pegs for my soon to be here engine guards.

i understand just google it etc., but what i don't know is am i going to need any other parts/clamps...? and if so is there a brand of everything that's better than others...looking to get the best bang for the buck

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
that's what I have on mine. I believe they are 1 1/4, but it's been a while since I put mine on. it should have specified when you ordered them. Make sure and find out and just order pegs that will fit the bar size. My pegs came with the hardware to mount them, so you should have to worry about anything other than the bar size.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Unless you know that you really want the highway pegs, you might wait until you get your highway bar mounted to see if you still want them. I put a Cobra highway bar on my meanstreak, then added Kuryakyn ISO pegs with the offset mounts. I used the pegs a few times, but I didn't like having my legs spread out so wide, so I ended up taking the pegs and mounts off and putting the pegs on my Intruder 800.

I actually wish I would have gotten a Lindby highway bar -- it would help if Lindby made a bar that fit a Meanie directly, although I've read the mod is actually only some simple filing to enlarge the mounting holes.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Lindby bar would be my choice but they seem to have a limited selection.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
My Cobra bar is 1.5". Measure to be sure!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The last time I checked, you couldn't get Linby highway bars for a VN900. I wanted them also, but they are more of a HD product oriented co. I don't really care for the way high pegs feel on a bike either.

I have the Kuryakin pegs, but haven't put them on yet. I was thinking of putting them on low, so I could move my foot out just a bit, and still have my heel on the floor boards.

D

·
Registered
43 Posts
hay voiceman just noticed you was from Crockett,i am also, and have a o7 classic. thought id just drop a line and say Hay.If you shop locally for groceries im sure we know each other

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have Cobra engine guard on my 900LT (It's 1.25") and got the Kuryakyn offset pegs. Don't use 'em as much as I thought I would. Actually, they are not that comfortable to use.. Next time, I would try before I buy.
Hey Voiceman, have you tried to change the position of the pegs at all? I was thinking about putting them lower so I could use the floor boards for my heal. Just to get a little stretch on the legs.

D

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think placement is important, I see them as a comfort item I think many add them as bling and appearance is their first concern. I have the 900 classic and with my 34 in inseams the boards are comfortable around town. I don't think I could remain in that position for hours at a time. I'll be getting a pair before I take any long trips and will try different positions till I get it right.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I keep waffling on the peg thing. What I really would like to see is a peg that mounts to the board and can be flipped open when you want to use them. They would work like, well, board extensions.

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Hey Voiceman, you guys are just down the road. Ya'll ever do any hunting over there in the Davey Crocket NF. I go to Weches and hunt around the Big Slough area.

Back to the thread, Hoopdogg, I have the MC Enterprises crash bar, and mine is also the 1 1/4 inch. Look real closely when buying the pegs, sometimes the ad might not mention the bar size. Hope it helped. Craig

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Hey Voiceman, have you tried to change the position of the pegs at all? I was thinking about putting them lower so I could use the floor boards for my heal. Just to get a little stretch on the legs.

D
That's the way I use mine, 99% of the time. Just have the toes of my boots on the peg and keep my heels on the floorboards. Not really comfortable just using the pegs and I'm 6'3"

Charles

·
Registered
43 Posts
jerkybear i live about 5 miles from where you hunt, we hunt but all we do is walk out the back door LOL. It sure turns out to be a small world doesnt it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts