Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that some people are assholes and they steal part of my lane as they pass. What I mean is: They don't change lanes completely before they pass me. Pisses me off. Oh well, I guess I have to go faster. :D

That's another thing. It's so easy to speed. In the MSF course I was taught to not ride in someone's blind spot. Pretty logical. But, as I get tired of staying behind them I jet past him, then there's another, so I pass him, and again. Next thing I know I am going 60 in a 40. But, I am away from the traffic. I'm not in anyone's blind spot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
BradPeart said:
I learned that some people are assholes and they steal part of my lane as they pass. What I mean is: They don't change lanes completely before they pass me. Pisses me off. Oh well, I guess I have to go faster. :D

That's another thing. It's so easy to speed. In the MSF course I was taught to not ride in someone's blind spot. Pretty logical. But, as I get tired of staying behind them I jet past him, then there's another, so I pass him, and again. Next thing I know I am going 60 in a 40. But, I am away from the traffic. I'm not in anyone's blind spot.
i know the feeling. it pisses me off too. i have been known to pass them and single-finger salute them.

wait for someone to merge into you. someone did that to me, so i slapped their window. i've never seen someone lock brakes up like that before. at least i didn't kick their door in.

/wonders why he is not dead yet

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rednek426 said:
wait for someone to merge into you. someone did that to me, so i slapped their window. i've never seen someone lock brakes up like that before. at least i didn't kick their door in.
If it can happen to me in a shiny red Camaro, then it can definitely happen on an "invisible" bike.

You slapped the window!? ****, I'd be too worried about being close enough to slap their their window to actually do it. I assume you'd kick their door in while you are stopped. While moving it'd be a bit more challenging.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Most of us have probably had this happen and I agree, very annoying.....and dangerous. I tend to ride closer to the center line when around cars on a multilane road. If you ride close to the shoulder, cagers see the rest of your lane as fair game. But if you ride closer to the center, they are more likely to change lanes fully before passing.............at least hopefully :? I don't really like riding any closer to an auto than I have to, but in heavy traffic, I like to make my presence known.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Always ride in the left third of the lane in order to claim the lane. Don't want to be riding in the right third for the reasons mentioned and the center third is where all the oil from leaking engines is concentrated making it more slippery.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Always ride in the left third of the lane in order to claim the lane. Don't want to be riding in the right third for the reasons mentioned and the center third is where all the oil from leaking engines is concentrated making it more slippery.
I mainly ride the left third, but it depends on the circumstances. At intersections I ride the part of the lane that makes me most visible for people turning or going across.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i agree with weaving in your lane. movement attracts the eye, makes you seen. when the moron drivers here in louisiana don't see/ignore me and merge on me, i'll slap their window, kick their doors, or do whatever i can! i don't like being close enough to be able to touch their cars, but esp. young drivers (like me, admittedly) have their music up way too loud to hear a bike's little horn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
rednek426 said:
You're my hero!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i cruise in the left 1/2 of the lane also because thats what they told me to do when i took my driving test...it stuck with me...also a 2 lane going to a 1 lane....car swerved into a friend of mine doin 70 on the 12th.he hit a oncomming car head on trying to avoid the other car....alive but still in a coma in hospital :cry: thats another reason i have loud pipes on my bike...so they know where im at too...

·
Registered
837 Posts
ahhhh...just recieved phone call...bud's doing better this am...came out of his coma..opened his eyes ..can feel down at his toes..but in pretty bad pain right now...looks like he gonna make it ok...thank god... :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
bud8fan said:
ahhhh...just recieved phone call...bud's doing better this am...came out of his coma..opened his eyes ..can feel down at his toes..but in pretty bad pain right now...looks like he gonna make it ok...thank god... :)
are you talking about dale jr? cause its too bad he wrecked, but thats all i know. i heard from this one kid that he wrecked in a saleen s7 and he was on fire. maybe someone can inform me better.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i just saw the 8 car video :shock: :shock:

he's a very lucky guy-that thing went up like a piece of straw :shock:
man-that freaked me out :?

·
Registered
837 Posts
no...jr's ok..he just got minor 2nd degree burns on his neck and leg.said he was out of hospital already..he would not miss any nascar stuff comming up...my friend is name freddy..he works for h & p drilling co as a driller on a drilling rig.him and another friend of mine were going to go for a ride when walter came in from work and walter came in and called me said fred was in the accident. it's been a rough week..did'nt think he was going to make it..till this mornin...

P

·
0 Posts
like uncle bob said i ride on the left side of the lane to protect my lane ,this way if they want to pass me they do it in their own lane

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found this out the other day as well. As much as it is scary, what, i feel upsets me more is people the do the same when cutting in front of you when they change lanes. I belive what "erks" me is when they wave a "thank you" after they cut you off.

Then again i live right outside of Boston and work in Boston..... aggressive driving. NYC has nothing on Boston.

Suresh

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
jebarber said:
I've concidered installing an airhorn on my bike, that should get peoples attention.
A horn upgrade is definitely on my to-do list this Winter. I hate having a horn on a 1500 cc bike that sounds like my son's bicycle horn. :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts