Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam debating going with some shorter shocks on my mean streak and would like some feedback from those that have already done so. I looked at going with the 12" shocks from progressive suspension but see that it reduces your suspension travel to only 1 1/2 inches. Do you bottom out regularly or is the ride very harsh? I am around 200 lbs and usually ride solo. However I occasionally take the wife for a ride and I also like to do a little touring complete with saddlebags and gear. Either way it is an extra 100 lbs. Is there enough adjustment in the aftermarket shocks or should I just keep my stock equipt. that is easily adjustable with a little air? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
244 Posts
1.5" seems a little short. Some people have had good luck with upgrading to a progressive spring. It's probably quite a bit less expensive than new shocks too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wilbers Shocks

I got the wilbers shock setup on my bike. I think there are a couple other posts on here too about them. But they were the best fit for my siuatiion which was identical to yours. You should email the guy over there. I dont have it, but its on this forum if you search for wilbers, i know ive seen it. The shock is friggin beautiful and i think youll love the adjustability of it, mine came with a nice little preload adjuster for added wait, so i can just turn the knob, Also remember that this comapny builds the shocks to your specifications which is why i got them. They tailor it to your weight, passenger weight, riding style. My bike finally feels like it rides the way i want. I think you can lower the bike up to 3 inches, im not sure on that either, but im sure you can get plenty of pics and info from them, i did. Good luck man

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wilbers

The one i got was $487, they start at 487 per shock. With the high and low speed compression damping it cost 759, but it could fluctuate depnding on your bike. I was also getting them priced for my other bike and they were a little more, not by much, but....type the guy an email with what your looking for and he'll send you some prices and stuff.......i looked other the other post and the email was [email protected] luck..if you have the cash and r lookin for a perfect ride dont second guess it, it was worth it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts