Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock (as far as performance) 900 and I looking at making some performance upgrades.:biggrin: :biggrin: What would be my best choice? Pulley, pipes, intake, ??

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
depends on what you want. changing the pulley will either give you more pull down low, or better cruising on the upper end. Most go the route of intake, exhaust, and PCIII. You'll probably gain about 10% overall.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
You want more umph get rid of the stranglehold of an intake, bore out or replace your exhaust AND get a PCIII or Cobra or TCI modual. You want to get the most from the bike, get the PCIII and spend the money to get it dyno'd.

Or, sell the 900 and by a 1600 or better yet, 2000. You'll want to do the same there, but you shouldn't run out of arm pulling any time soon.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Pipes air kit and fi controller you will notice a difference..

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Hypercharger and set of pipes, and some kind of programmer....

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
First thing I did was put some cobra slashcuts on to give my 900 a nicer sound... made it sound like a bike should. Then I got a FI2000r and intake... it seems like the easiest ways to get extra performance without messing with the driveline.

·
Registered
285 Posts
your 900 custom mods

I added pipes first then the PCIII and intake. I saw no difference until I went with the PCIII and intake. Mid range and top end was improved I may have lost just a little on the low end.

Speaking of the pulley that's my next mod.

Hello cootoronscooter.

How much of a difference did you notice when you added the pcIII and intake ? I have a 2007 custom 900 I had the new cobra drag pipes put on and the bike lowered 3" I was looking at the Big Baron Air Kit, and the power commander and then getting the bike dyno tuned, I have not really heard from anyone as to how much power or torqe they have felt or if it was really worth the extra money to do the extra mods? Are you very happy with your mods that you have done and did you really feel a difference?

THANK YOU
FASTBANDIT

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exactly do they do when they dyno tune the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
The sticky for "dyno charts" has two VN900s posted. One stock and mine with just a Baron's BAK. I got 6 more HP and 6 more lbs/torque, about a 8.9% increase over stock. From all I have read just changing the pipes will do very little for performance. Nobody has posted for all three mods, air/EFI/pipes for a VN900. My bike runs great! For dollars spent I suggest the BAK and Scootworks pulley for most bang for the buck in performance satisfaction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts