Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, new to the forum and thought I would ask a question about my 1600.
I bought a 2004 1600 vulcan in June and am looking for perfromance upgrades to make the engine have more power and top end performance, leaning more toward an electronic device, as my dealer has suggested just wanted to know what others thoughts are.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
875 Posts
1600pilot,
First, welcome to the forum. I have an older carb model Nomad, however there are plenty of 1600 riders in the forum. I believe they will start by saying to swap out the exhaust, air intake, and adjust the fuel injection system. Ride it for awhile and then see where you want to go from there. Also add lots of chrome and leather and make it your own. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I own a 2004 1600 Mean Streak. I installed a Dynojet powercommander, Thunder Air filter kit, and went with Vance and Hines Pro Pipes. The pro pipes were not a direct bolt on for my Mean Streak but most of the V & H pipes that are built for the 1600 will give you a similar performance increase. My bike went from 64 to 72 rear wheel horsepower. The whole deal costs about a grand. Love my bike......Mike Finster

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Welcome 1600pilot! :)

I'd say a cup holder....DVD player....drivers backrest.....black boot like fuzzy slippers.....heater.....stereo.....snacks.....and roads that never end. :)

Seriously....the guys have pointed you to the "MORE POWER SCOTTY" add on's. Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i like hard krome pipes with the thunder intakes and a custom map
and she'll scoot pretty good :wink:

welcome to the board pilot-got some good 1600 riders here :wink:

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome to the forum pilot. looks like everyone is leaning you in the right direction. the most common ones are hear are pipes, intake and fuel processor. Hard Krome pipes seem to be pretty popular, Thunder seems to be taking the lead on the intake systems, and Dynojet Power Commander seems to be the best processor out there, but it is more expensive than some of the more basic units. keep us posted on what you do, and come back often !

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Welcome aboard 1600 pilot, Theres plenty of guys on here that will lead you in the right direction for performance mod's. The only thing I can add is a pic of the hard chrome pipes that I think look the best on a 1600. there the k2s

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody, I am just starting to decide what to do with this bike and it looks like I have recieved some very good info, it is still cold and snowy here, BUMMER, but I rode about 500 miles after Christmas, but did learn that when riding after 8:30 at night it gets very cold when its 30 degrees out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and I still have 30 miles to go before I get home.

I found the dynojet website and it looks as that is the way to go, as far as the pipes before I bought this bike I bought a 2004 800 Classic and put Hardkhrome big straights on it but they were alittle to loud, do they offer pipes that still perform and are not quite as loud, as the group that I ride with some wont ride behind me, what I have done on this bike so far is taken the original exhaust and drilled 12, 3/8 holes in the end of the stock exhaust around the outlet, which has helped with the sound of the exhaust.

Does anybody know of the website for the thunder air filter kits?
Once again Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
1600pilot said:
Thanks everybody, I am just starting to decide what to do with this bike and it looks like I have recieved some very good info, it is still cold and snowy here, BUMMER, but I rode about 500 miles after Christmas, but did learn that when riding after 8:30 at night it gets very cold when its 30 degrees out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and I still have 30 miles to go before I get home.

I found the dynojet website and it looks as that is the way to go, as far as the pipes before I bought this bike I bought a 2004 800 Classic and put Hardkhrome big straights on it but they were alittle to loud, do they offer pipes that still perform and are not quite as loud, as the group that I ride with some wont ride behind me, what I have done on this bike so far is taken the original exhaust and drilled 12, 3/8 holes in the end of the stock exhaust around the outlet, which has helped with the sound of the exhaust.

Does anybody know of the website for the thunder air filter kits?
Once again Thanks
Here you go:

http://www.thundermfg.com/

Lots of cool toys on their website.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey woodchuck the k2s look b#^$n on you kawi. I just wish they made them for the 1500cc.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
1RAASTA said:
Hey woodchuck the k2s look b#^$n on you kawi. I just wish they made them for the 1500cc.
1RAASTA I don't ride a 1600 thats just a pic of some K2's that I like on a 1600. I don't know why they don't make them for the 1500, seems a few of you would like to put them on your 1500.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you got that right, im looking for a drag style pipe that sits high like the supertrapp mean brothers style but with the dg h/k performance like the k2s or bubs, they are only making them for the 1600s.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome! i'm sure your used to having to upgrade your engine performance...

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh by the way Dave.......just noticed the nice picture of me you put into my profile page!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehehehehehehehehe

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
1600pilot said:
about time mister!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :wink:
better late than never

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I didn't like the picture he put of me on my profile page! So I deleted it.Then I tried to put one *I* liked, and it wouldn't let me. What's up with that? I made sure it conformed to the size specifications and everything!

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum, Deron, my old friend. :D

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
1600pilot said:
oh by the way Dave.......just noticed the nice picture of me you put into my profile page!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehehehehehehehehe

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
1600pilot said:
I noticed the one he used for me a couple of days ago as well. :roll:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts