Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2006 250r and i am about to get the 2008. I was wondering what kind of aftermarket parts there are, if any, for these bikes. i cant find any.

and as a new member to the forum and to riding period, i just want to say 250s are awsome and i love riding.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Too new, aftermarket companies can't make things for a bike that is brand new. Wait 6 months, may be something then.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
As far as performance on a 250... Kawi has pretty much maxed that little motor out already... you'll gain a tiny bit here and there with a jet kit and exhaust, but at enormous cost compared tot he extra power you get.

This is coming from a guy w/ a '07 250R w/ a muzzy, factory pro jet kit and a 13T front sprocket.

if you honestly want to go faster, buy a bigger bike!

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
well with the money you'd spend on a new 250r + an exhaust, you could easily find a early '00's 600. going from a '06 to an '08 for increased performance, to be honest, is kind of silly.

I like my 250 as much as the next guy, but the ~$450 I spent on the exhaust & jet kit was a waste for the 3 hp or so it gave me. That and it sounds like a piped 4 wheeler..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts