Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Threadjacker
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a replacement peg for my Kuryakyn Stiletto stirrup since one of them fell off (into someone's hand maybe?:shock: ). I got the part in the mail from Kuryakyn and went to throw it on - it just screws onto the stirrup arm. I was having a he11 of a time threading it, but was being careful not to cross-thread. I couldn't understand why it was giving me so much trouble. I then took off the peg on the other side of the bike for comparison. I realized that although the parts were identical, the bolt on the replacement was the same size but had a finer thread. I called Kuryakyn to verify that I had ordered and received the correct part, which I had. I described the problem to the customer service agent. She said that it was the correct bolt size and thread. I asked if maybe they changed the bolt spec since my stirrup was made. NO. I asked if maybe there was a metric version. NO. Could there be another bolt option? NO. Long silence on the phone... I finally, and bluntly, said, "So I'm just s*** out of luck as far as you're concerned?" She said, "Well, there's nothing more I can do." So I just told her that I would just have to resolve the problem myself and hung up. I mulled it over for awhile, thinking about making the trip to Fastenal to come up with a solution. Finally, I called Kuryakyn again and described my dilemma and their lack of concern with helping me find a solution. Well, the 2nd agent went and checked the specs of the original part (the whole stiletto) and found that it did specify a courser thread than the replacement part, although she was clueless as to why. She defended the 1st agent by saying that what I ordered and received was the correct part according to the Kuryakyn catalog. She also was very candid about the mistake on their end, vowing to make the change on the replacement specs and is sending me out a new bolt at their expense.
Moral of the story? Read my sig line.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm always concerned when I get a "woman" agent on the phone for anything to do with bike, auto or any mechanical part requirement. I'm just not sure they understand exactly what I'm needing or if there is a "fix" that they can tell me about. I'm of that "persuasion" and it still unnerves me when I hear that voice "can I help you" I always feel I'm gonna be challenged getting the right info/part. Most often I don't and thats a stressor. "Sorry sisters, its just too common an occurrence to ignore"....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.