Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a zr400. Whenever I turn the petcock to the off or reserve posiiton fuel flows out of the petcock while its sill connected to the fuel hose. Tried switching to reserve while the bike is idling and immeditely the fuel flows out of the **** down to the chasis and to the floor. What could be the problem and how can I fix it less buying a new fuel ****. Can it be repaired? Turned to reserve because the fuel gauge points to reserve, but it seems the bike is still running eventough the fuel **** is not on the reserve but only in the on position, any insights bout this? TIA guys

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Have a zr400. Whenever I turn the petcock to the off or reserve posiiton fuel flows out of the petcock while its sill connected to the fuel hose. Tried switching to reserve while the bike is idling and immeditely the fuel flows out of the **** down to the chasis and to the floor. What could be the problem and how can I fix it less buying a new fuel ****. Can it be repaired? Turned to reserve because the fuel gauge points to reserve, but it seems the bike is still running eventough the fuel **** is not on the reserve but only in the on position, any insights bout this? TIA guys

I have seen petcock rebuild kits for various bikes, not sure if yours has one available. Scour the internet and see. You might try taking it apart and cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have seen petcock rebuild kits for various bikes, not sure if yours has one available. Scour the internet and see. You might try taking it apart and cleaning it.
+2. If you can't find a kit, take it apart and see if you can make your own replacements for worn parts.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It could, although it would indicate more problems than just the petcock, like bad float needles/levels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts