Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year when I was putting the lower kit on my 900 SE I accidently kicked the belt cover across my garage floor and scuffed it all up (typical for me).

My father-in-law works in a body shop so repainting it is no big deal but the question is:

What would it look like if repainted it the same burnt orange color that the header covers are?

I was also thinking of just leaving the belt cover black and painting the rear fender strut covers orange....

Thoughts, opinions?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Yeh I agree. I would rather see you change the color of the rear fender struts to match the head covers.....that may look cool.

I'd just leave the belt cover as is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That would be way too much "orange" on the bike even if you did just the struts. I did it on my photoshop and it makes the struts look less fluid with the bike. Detracts from the original paint scheme that makes the bike a head turner. Much nicer bike without the adding of more orange. :cool:

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the piece is just too flat and won't have any variance in color
That's a good point. I never thought of that.

I say black but add some pin stripping like the rear fender.
It already has the decals on there so that's probably enough. I am going to be pulling the front and rear fender off though. My father-in-law is going to clear over the fenders a few times for me.

It bothers me that the decals on top of the clear. It's also a pain when I wax the bike because the way cakes up and turns white along the decals edge.

That would be way too much "orange" on the bike even if you did just the struts.
That thought had occurred to me as well.

mraees posted a picture of his 900 with an all new paint job. Most of the frame is not painted but he painted the swing arm and that caught my eye.

I kicked around the idea of doing that but I don't think it would look good to do that on my bike.

I'm starting to lean toward not adding more orange. I had my doubts about it... that's why I wanted to see what it would look like.

Oh well... plenty of other ways to make it personalize it.

[/IMG]

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
the swingarm AND the caliper painted is almost too much in my eyes

·
Registered
510 Posts
PlastiDip makes a nice spray on plastic coat that leaves a nice look. I sprayed my resevoir cover with this product and it looks great. Matches the nice flat look of my stock frame (not an SE).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts