Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW PICS @ BOTTOM.

i think its cause i didnt follow manual, cause my kips bolt is not there, its welded on..

anyways should i shave off the weld and try to get the broken bolt out...

heres a few pics.... im probly damaging stuff but take a look...

i tried nudgeing it with a plastic ham.. but its not budgeing, i guess cause of tention and that spring...any ideas?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
new pics...

take a look...

what ya think? should i start chippin away at that weld?...

cause that case wont budge...

the gear there... where u can see the spring, is connected to kips thats what i think is stopping it...in manual it says take off kips first, iwas told i could just continue taking off case without taking that off.. misinformed.. what ya think boss?...

thanks for reading ill call back in a hour or 2

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That arm is not holding the cases together, it's the tension from the crank and crank bearings being pressed in. If you don't have the proper tools<-- i was told this by someone who said it would come off WITH it connected...

what tools do i need?... is he right> wrong?...

im guessin hes wrong..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seems like we got some damage probly from me splitting case. it was fun helped me with my ****ty day.

what ya think?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like you have some cracks in the case. Looks like a 99 KX 250 engine I think. Your manual will show you how to make some of the tools needed to take the case apart. You will need a case splitter to take the case apart properly. The case may have cracked before you took it apart. A cracked case can be caused from worn out bearings that cause extreme vibration.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cant get those dowel pins out any ideas?.. there really in there im gonna get some liquid stuff for one of them iti seems pretty rusted on one and the other one is just really in there cant get it out with needle nose...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just leave the dowels dude. If you mar those dowels up your case might not go back together right. If you still want to take em out, you could try a stud remover tool. An auto parts store would have one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
iwas told there casting marks..

im gonna give it a shot anyways it will be fun for me..sell the parts that work if it came down to it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts