Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id share them with you. I decided to enter the bobber in a local bike show just for a bit of fun.

Heres some pictures.....:biggrin:

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
A great bike. The wheel hub and the frame on the head light are nice touches

·
Registered
41 Posts
That must have been the Copdock show?? Took a picture of it on my phone, was well impressed with it, and voted for it. A guy i know entered a custom by Crettingham Crank but think the supercharger won it. Live just down the road from Ipswich.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That must have been the Copdock show?? Took a picture of it on my phone, was well impressed with it, and voted for it. A guy i know entered a custom by Crettingham Crank but think the supercharger won it. Live just down the road from Ipswich.
It was indeed!! Many thanks for your vote....yeah the supercharged v-rod won for about the 3rd time in a row, and the guy didnt build it himself either (i may be wrong but i think it was built by Krazyhorse custom bikes)......kind of defeats the object really of a having a personally built custom bike ie:built and fabricated by the owner, i built mine in my spare time.

However, the 'rod was a stunning piece of kit.

Whereabouts are you from?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was indeed!! Many thanks for your vote....yeah the supercharged v-rod won for about the 3rd time in a row, and the guy didnt build it himself either (i may be wrong but i think it was built by Krazyhorse custom bikes)......kind of defeats the object really of a having a personally built custom bike ie:built and fabricated by the owner, i built mine in my spare time.

However, the 'rod was a stunning piece of kit.

Whereabouts are you from?
I live down in Woodbridge, about 6 miles out of Ipswich.

Just bought the VN Custom, my first cruiser and wanna start the custom job on it, but looking for for insperation and idea's as to what to do, would like to start with lowering it and getting shot of some of the stock bits: ie mirrors, grips, pegs etc, looking at the bobber job really has given me some insperation but a little scared to start.

You local to Ipswich?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live down in Woodbridge, about 6 miles out of Ipswich.

Just bought the VN Custom, my first cruiser and wanna start the custom job on it, but looking for for insperation and idea's as to what to do, would like to start with lowering it and getting shot of some of the stock bits: ie mirrors, grips, pegs etc, looking at the bobber job really has given me some insperation but a little scared to start.

You local to Ipswich?
Yeah, i live in ipswich, i know woodbridge well. If you need any advice, give me a holla.

Dont be scared mate, just go for it!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just looked at the other photo's of the bike and from the showroom pictures looks like Lings, wasn't being sarky when i mentioned Orwell's.

Take it easy.
Ha ha, dont worry mate, i no longer work there!!! got offered a better job with BMW cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha ha, dont worry mate, i no longer work there!!! got offered a better job with BMW cars.
Phewwww.

My mate worked for BMW in Bury, used to get to drive some sweet rides over the weekend, gotted nicked through Haughley bends doing 80 in a customers M5. Hence to say he no longer works there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts