Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? You are looking good. Advice at this point without knowing any of the specifics is DON'T FALL OFF!! :wink:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to gain as much skill as I can with my 500R.

I plan on doing track next season you think I am ready?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I'd suggest hanging off the bike a little. I usually only have 1 butt cheek on the seat when I'm riding hard.

other than that you seem like you are pushing the bike pretty hard. You'll really learn a lot from a good track day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
I am trying to gain as much skill as I can with my 500R.

I plan on doing track next season you think I am ready?
I think only you can answer the question if you are ready or not. I know they have different classes when you go to run on the tracks, and you are going to get more experience, so you should be ok. Have you taken the MSF course?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i do hang off the seat aswell. just not in those pics. I can't wait to hit the track.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another thing I should say is that the first few laps I noticed quite alot of slipping... didn't scare me much but then things started to heat up and got alot better.

I gotta say I am very glad I got the 500R as a first bike because I don't think I would be as good as I am with a r6 or cbr.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What kinds of speeds are you riding at? Are you just riding circles and ovals leaning more and more each time? Looks good, I'd appreciate it if you could describe better what you are focusing on and how you are practicing exactly. Thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
dohnjoe, always go on a joy ride or at least warm the tires properly before doing that, you don't want to slip and realize it's too late to recover.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to be specific, its a road that runs in between like 4 car dealerships. Due to being closed on sunday its traffic free ride. Speed is 60-70kmh. I was with 3 other guys basically doing laps in this track like road.

The whole idea is to get comfortable with out bikes so when next season comes we wanna do track days.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Something I just noticed that might help you out:

When you are riding aggressively you should have your forearms parallel with the gas tank.

So basically you should have more bend in your elbows and be down a bit farther over the tank.

This will help make your steering inputs much easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts