Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - glad so many of ya were interested in my new Roadstar and that I am invited to stay on the forum to hang with this group.

I've attached pics but let me tell you about the ride.....it's oh so nice! I am really glad I upgraded from my 800 to this 1700. Any reservations (mainly concerns about the weight/handling) were quickly dispersed on the very first ride. It handles so nice and is as agile as my 800 - believe it or not! It has a lot of torque - feels like it could pull out a tree. What a nice smooth engine too. The ISO grips are new to me and I like them a lot - they give a feeling of really having a hold of the bike. The gas gauge and low fuel warning light are nice and there is even a clock and 2 trip odometers in the guage. I don't know about gas mileage but I am going to keep track. Also, I have to read the manual or search online, but the 5th gear has overdrive - whatever that means.

By the way - strangely the guy I bought it from did not know what pipes these are - said he just picked them out of a catalog at the dealer with the help of the salesamn - they sound nice though.

Anyways, like I said - so far so great! i'll be talking to ya.

Attachments

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Congratulations! The Roadstar is in my opinion the best looking metric cruiser, definitely on my list if I chose to replace my VN800.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
interesting looking bike.

glad your happy. :biggrin:

all that leather and studs is a little too kinky for my motorbike tastes...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! One of my friends had a Roadstar for a while, it was a very nice bike and I really wanted to buy it from him when he went HD, but I didn't have the scratch. His was all black with wide white walls, a real classy look.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
Hey guys - glad so many of ya were interested in my new Roadstar and that I am invited to stay on the forum to hang with this group.
The Roadstar, to me, is the best looking metric cruiser out there with the
"softail" frame. Sort of comparable to the FLSTC. I did consider the Roadstar
before getting my 1500 Classic FI as I just happen to prefer the swingarm
chassis with external shocks.

·
Loving this bike
586 Posts
Roadstar's are great bikes. I've had a hard time choosing between one and a Vulcan when I've been shopping. When I bought my Nomad I only got the Nomad because it came with cast wheels and the Star at the time came with spoked. If I can't get a new 1600 or 1500 when the time comes I may go with a Roadstar.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Very nice. Will you be changing your forum name?

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
If I can't get a new 1600 or 1500 when the time comes I may go with a Roadstar.
I might go with a Triumph Thunderbird 1600 when the time comes. Looking forward to the road tests and comparisms. Supposed to in the showrooms by late June. $12,499 base MSRP.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Grumbler, I agree with you. If I were looking for a new ride, that T-Bird would be at or near the top of the old wish list.......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im gonna beat up anybody that dont ride kawasaki - ok-stop laughing- I couldnt scare my basset -nice bikes all of them - had a turnip daytona 500 when I was a kid

1 - 20 of 23 Posts