Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice pics. Looks to be in nice shape. Couple more months of cold weather and it will be time for some nice long rides so get her in shape and ride safe.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not real sure what was wrong, but I had to take the plugs out. I checked that they were sparking and they were wet, so I'm pretty sure gas was getting in there. Then I sprayed a shot of starting fluid in each cylinder, and another shot in each of the throttle bodies. I made sure the butterflies were opening/closing as expected, and then put 'er back together. After about 15-20 minutes on the battery tender, she fired right up. I'm still baffled.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Huh, well atleast it was that simple :) ... hope she works good for ya! It seems like a great bike... love the black too...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Quick question. I just bought a used '06 650R with only 800 miles. Great looking bike in awesome shape. I do have one issue -- I drove it several times and the cooling fan hasn't turned on. Maybe this bike runs cooler than my last ninja; however, I'm worried that maybe the fan/thermastat isn't working. Does the fan usually turn on after a 30 minute ride for everybody else? Is there a way to manually check and make the fan spin? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Quick question. I just bought a used '06 650R with only 800 miles. Great looking bike in awesome shape. I do have one issue -- I drove it several times and the cooling fan hasn't turned on. Maybe this bike runs cooler than my last ninja; however, I'm worried that maybe the fan/thermastat isn't working. Does the fan usually turn on after a 30 minute ride for everybody else? Is there a way to manually check and make the fan spin? Thanks.
This time of year I haven't had the fan turn on once. During summer it's always on though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts