Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is, now im looking at the raked front end by cool metal and getting a 21 inch front wheel, also looking for a low n mean radiator shroud. Also i couldnt find any pics of any mean streaks with frame neck covers so i took one if someone is iinterested in the future.
Also im hoping to pickup a bullet headlight this weekend at daytona.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Looking good!

Hope you like the look of those VTX'er, cause I'm not giving back the Progressives! :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i like the look of them. they do ride alot different than the progressives. you can tell the progressives are stronger. hope you enjoy them...

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
That's what I was looking for, as I tend to ride the Meanie like I would my sportbike. So they should be perfect!

The neck cover looks really good BTW. Was always a bit skeptical, as some of the other frame/shaft/etc covers can look a bit hokey. Those look rather clean and intentional. Very sharp...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never been all that excited about the red frame. I always thought it was too much in the neck area. It made a huge difference when it put those on, it breaks it up alot. These photos were taken with my camera phone so their not that great ill try and get some more with a good camera.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
here it is, now im looking at the raked front end by cool metal and getting a 21 inch front wheel, also looking for a low n mean radiator shroud. Also i couldnt find any pics of any mean streaks with frame neck covers so i took one if someone is iinterested in the future.
Also im hoping to pickup a bullet headlight this weekend at daytona.

How much would you estimate the vtx shock lowered the rear?
(The 1300 and the 1800 shocks are the same height, right?)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the cmpliments. The vtx shocks did lower it alot. So much my pipes drag now when i lean to much. Looks like ill be selling my pipes and getting new ones. I read alot on here and other websites about the shocks and the 1300 are the only ones that will work apparently. i had to shave my stock spacer down to get them to fit though. and use the stock bushings from the kawi shocks.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
i had to shave my stock spacer down to get them to fit though. and use the stock bushings from the kawi shocks.
hmm, I've heard that no mods are necessary except for using the kawi bushings, but I guess I was misinformed then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are threads o here with some pics about it. It wasn't very much. You. May get lucky. And not have to shave it.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are they much lower than the progressives?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they are their no more than a half an inch. And I think that is because they are softer. The weight of the bike prob makes it sit lower.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Cool, thanks. Than I can use your pics for a rough idea of how mine will sit. Your pics with the old shocks never really gave a good 'profile' view, like the ones here do.

Like the drop!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts