Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of the new bike, as promised :) I've never tried the image link thing before so let's hope I got it right... here goes!

IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/jameskuzman/PC151210.jpg[/IMG]

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Hey, Jim don't let some guy sit on your bike like that! Go out there and kick his azz! ;) Very nice, I really like the pipes. When/if I replace the pipes on my 900, that is the style I want. How does it ride?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! It rides quite nicely.

It has a very light feel at lower speeds and is quite stable on the highway so far.

I was concerned that the bigger/skinnier front tire would feel twitch or floppy at lower speeds, but somehow, the opposite is true - it feels more nimble and controllable than my old Aero 750 or my 900LT with the smaller diameter but wider front wheels.

It's not as smooth as the Vulcan, but it has plenty of pull for someone of my size and weight.

The pipes are stock, and I think I'll keep them that way - they are actually quite loud. I read somewhere they are the loudest of any Honda stock pipe and right on the edge of what's legal, which for me, is perfect.

Jim

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Very cool. Glad things are working out better now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A sweet ride but I would get rid of the tank decals, they stand out way too much. me likee lotss

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed on the tank decals - any suggestions on how to get them off without messing up the paint?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Agreed on the tank decals - any suggestions on how to get them off without messing up the paint?
I took mine off with a little heat from an electric heat gun. Just warm them up a little, use a low heat setting. You do not want to melt/burn them. peel them off little by little. You can use a hair dryer, which will do the trick just as well. very quck very easy, well mine were. I did it only a few week ago. If there is any glue left on your tank you can use WD-40 and a little bit of rubbing. Make sure you use a polishing or lint free cloth so you do not scratch your nice paintwork.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just do a search on "debadging" and you will find many tips on how to remove decals.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Very nice! There's something about black bikes anyway that I love. I thinks its how the crome stands out against it..... deffinately nice!

·
Registered
119 Posts
James - a great looking bike. Thanks for posting the pics.
I like the Shadow decal on the side of your tank.
It's subtle. I have a VLX - now that has an ugly decal on it, it's too big for the little peanut tank, IMO.
I had the tank repainted, that was the only way to get rid of the decal because it was under the clearcoat.
Happy riding!!!!

NuBiker
2003 VLX, 2007 Ninja250, 2007 900 Classic LT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts